TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
M... Offline
I refuse to give up. I think.
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Hey, could you guys help me out? (not a problem just a request) - March 8th 2011, 04:36 PM

My High school Junior English class has started an essay. It's a Cause and effect essay focusing on addiction in society and the cause and effects of this addiction. I immediately chose Self Harm as my subject choice as I am a recovering one. This essay is meant to have 3+ points of each; examples, description, cause, and effect. I know the back round behind my story, but it's not quite something i'd want to let a teacher know has happened to me, even if the paper is written in third person. My subject is going to be Self Harm and the fact that it's fairly hidden in today's society and what would be better within the world if the general public knew what to do with it and how to help out rather than the many disasters that I and many of you have seen. So I was wondering if maybe some of you could write a little bit about your back stories, or how Self Harm has effected your life, or even the over coming of it, the people who've helped you and how, anything really, you don't have to, but I would definitely appreciate it. I won't use real names (of course) but if I want to know a little more I might send you a message. And if you don't want to post it here you can send me a message.
Anyways, Thank you very much,
I appreciate it ahead of time

Rest In peace Monica, I miss you 1-3-10
I owe you my life, more than once over. And the only thing I can do, is 'Thank you.'
I last self harmed on June 9, 2009.

I'm always here. For anyone, who needs anything. No matter what.
~Emily~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: Hey, could you guys help me out? (not a problem just a request) - March 8th 2011, 05:48 PM

I'l PM you, it would be easier. :-)

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The secret of a soul
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me "secret"

Re: Hey, could you guys help me out? (not a problem just a request) - March 8th 2011, 07:34 PM

well you could say, that self harm "the self harming affected my friends and family, cause they didnt see the scars the way i did" i have been self harming for a long time, and for my, im not addicted, i depend on it sorta thing, i hope this helped a little :''3 just put stuff like every scar means another day of being there, or something similer, im sorry if this didnt help <3

_xThe secret of a soul ;;
So if you love me, let me go. And run away before I know.

My heart is just too dark to care. I can't destroy what isn't there. Deliver me into my Fate - If I'm alone I cannot hate, I don't deserve to have you, My smile was taken long ago, If I can change I hope I never know I still press your letters to my lips And cherish them in parts of me that savor every kiss I couldn't face a life without your light But all of that was ripped apart, when you refused to fight

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Hey, could you guys help me out? (not a problem just a request) - March 8th 2011, 10:07 PM

Self harm caused me to be denied a job in the care sector as because of it, I have been labelled as mentally unstable, even though I had been self harm free for several months. I had been self harming for 5+ years previous to this.
Feel free to pm me for more info

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Bubbly751 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Hey, could you guys help me out? (not a problem just a request) - March 9th 2011, 01:00 AM

I started cutting during middle school, because of bullying and problems at home. At school people ask me if im a cutter, i lie, because truthfully i dont want to admit that i have a problem. I hate always having to hide it, the long sleeves and makeup but its better than people knowing. I think that in society people don't understand why people do it, they just think its for attention. i hope it helped

Feel free to PM or VM me

Sh free since 7/10/16

I've been here for 3 years and counting!!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lucynyu101 Offline
'Ryuichi Sakuma'
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kezia

Re: Hey, could you guys help me out? (not a problem just a request) - March 9th 2011, 03:13 AM

I started cutting this last november because i fell in love with my best friend and knew she didnt love me back. once i talked to her about it she helped me to stop cutting. I hadnt cut since christmas untill about 2weeks ago when something just snapped inside of me and i cut all up and down my arm so badly that im surprised i didnt die. then i tryed to resist but once the pain faded away i started again. now i have been able to stop for a week because my friend made me a braclet that says TWLOHA on it and it reminds me that she loves me and it makes me want to not cut so i can make her proud of me. I hope i can last long and live strong and i hope i helped you with your paper if you has question or need any thing just pm me. also i hope you are well and safe, peace and love,
Kezia

btw whats a pm?

Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see the pain someone feels

Last Time I Cut
5/4/2011

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Hey, could you guys help me out? (not a problem just a request) - March 9th 2011, 07:51 AM

I feel that this thread goes against TeenHelp's Code of Conduct, on the basis that:

Quote:
Users should not use TeenHelp to conduct research intended for any form of publication whatsoever without explicit approval of a Project Coordinator.
Therefore I'm going to close it. PM me if you disagree.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread