TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

talking just makes me want to do it even more - March 9th 2011, 01:39 PM

I've recently told my personal tutor via email that I missed a session due to self harm. I asked him not to bring it up again, but I saw him today and he did. He was telling me I should talk to my counsellor about it, like directly about the self harm. All the time he was talking I just felt so self conscious and just want to do it again. I know that it's not going to help but I don't know what else to do. I haven't in a week and I'm just off out now so will be unable to do anything then.

This is so frustrating! I talk about things, I just want to do it again, I don't talk about things and it just builds up until I do it again. What do you do when you reach this point?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
The secret of a soul
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me "secret"

Re: talking just makes me want to do it even more - March 9th 2011, 03:31 PM

Helloo lovey :''3 i also use to self harm, i did for about 5 years be4 i recoverd, it can be done in shorted time though :''3 with the right method and support you CAN beat it, i promise you, u can always talk to me if u need to just PM me :''D ++ talking about it can be difficult, but it can also help :''3 i hope iv helped :'/ .. if u need anymore advise, just mail me <3 xstay strong and take care

_xThe secret of a soul ;;
So if you love me, let me go. And run away before I know.

My heart is just too dark to care. I can't destroy what isn't there. Deliver me into my Fate - If I'm alone I cannot hate, I don't deserve to have you, My smile was taken long ago, If I can change I hope I never know I still press your letters to my lips And cherish them in parts of me that savor every kiss I couldn't face a life without your light But all of that was ripped apart, when you refused to fight

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Re: talking just makes me want to do it even more - March 9th 2011, 05:49 PM

I definitely understand what you are saying. A lot of times talking about it can trigger me a lot, or just make me feel so uncomfortable that I feel like I need to. Still, I think talking to your counselor directly about self-harm would be a good idea. I put it off for weeks with my new counselor. But once I talked to her directly about it yesterday, she gave me such good advice that I think I may be able to stop. I know it's really uncomfortable, but I would try to push through and talk about it anyway. If you ever need to talk or ask questions, feel free to pm me

God, grant the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know that difference.

Closed Thread