TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Unhappy I have tried - March 9th 2011, 04:22 PM

I almost went 4 weeks with out selfharm, it all happened because i mum and dad where fighting so i did it but my mum came up stair and i just paniced i have a lock on my door and i locked it be for she could come in but i told her about it any way and she told me i just needed to told and that if i ever do it again that she will take my bed room door off and she said she will put me in a metal home.

I cant talk to her because she doesnt understained how i feel and when ever i try to talk to her she says its just because you dont want to get to school. I like school all my friends are there i i like it more then being at home most of the time, but i really didnt feel well today and she was really horrible and was really mad at me. I feel likei have let her down so badly that i couldnt help but self harm because she already hates me. I know she does i get thoughts that she hates me and that everyone lives would be better with me in it. One of my best friends went away on satuday and is comming back on thursday and to be honest i could get on fine with out her here which sound horrible.

She said if i ever killed myself that she would do it too because she will miss me but i dont want to do it because i know its selfish but somtime is feel everything will be fine after. Like, my mum likes to go out and have fun but she only does that on fridays but she will always try to get home before somthing like 6 in the morining so it wont worry me unless she texts me that she going to be late or had fallen asleep if i wasn't there she could go out when she want for how long she wants.

My dad has a girlfriend that he thinks i dont know about if i wasnt there she wouldnt have to lie all the time. Its just to difficult to be around, i cant talk about it because i dont want people to know because i feel stupid for continuing to do it and i dont want to let my mum know because i dont want to be put in some metal place or have my door taken off of me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Re: I have tried - March 9th 2011, 06:02 PM

Hey there. I'm sorry that you are going through a lot of stress right now. I hate it when people use threats to try to keep you from self-harming. My counselor actually told me a really cool thing yesterday. No one can tell you to just "stop or else". Sometimes that even causes more pain, because you are so worried about it. That's how I felt. But, ultimately, it's your choice. And I know you are strong enough to make a healthy choice. It will be hard, but think of how amazing it will feel when it is your own choice, and you do stop. That sense of self-empowerment will be amazing.

I'm really sorry your mom doesn't understand. My mom does the same thing about me being actually sick and her not believing me. Is there someone you can talk to who does understand? Maybe a counselor, a teacher, or a friend?

Believe me, people care. Your friend obviously does, and your mom and dad do to. I care. Everyone on TeenHelp cares about you. Please don't kill yourself. It's cliche, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It won't do any good. If you feel like you might, call one of these hotlines.

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/

Also, to help you with self-harm, have you tried any of these alternatives?

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

They are really great because they have something for each and every emotion.

I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time. Try to hang in there, because this will pass eventually. Take each day a minute at a time if you have to. PM me any time

God, grant the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know that difference.

Closed Thread