TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Well, I messed up. - March 11th 2011, 12:03 AM

Last night things got so tough, and I let myself cut. I made designs in my arms and I haven't done that since last October. I feel terrible. I should have used better coping skills... Anyway, I just wanted to let someone know what I did and get it off my chest

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: Well, I messed up. - March 11th 2011, 12:09 AM

Getting it off your chest is the best thing you can do, though it's always better to get it off your chest before considering cutting. Whenever you're having a hard time, come here and post a thread, or visit the chat. There are always people here that can help you through the hard and tough time, so that you don't have to cut.

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Well, I messed up. - March 11th 2011, 01:24 AM

Thank you =)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Well, I messed up. - March 12th 2011, 05:56 AM

Hey there.

I know you're probably feeling bad about this right now. My advice? Don't. This was just a slip-up. It's nothing more than that. It's nothing you can't bounce back from. It's good you were able to admit you've done something feel you shouldn't have, and you've realised it was perhaps not the best choice.

Do you want to talk about what brought you to this point? What made you feel like you wanted to hurt yourself? What were you feeling at the time? How do you feel now?

I hope things get better for you soon.

Take care.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Well, I messed up. - March 12th 2011, 04:26 PM

Hey there.

I'm really glad you've managed to open up and get this of your chest. It's great you know you should have used other coping skills and you recognize where you went wrong!

Chess is right, this is just a slip up. You are in recovry and thats what being in recovery is all about. Its not about self harming and then completely stopping. Its not about having urges or slip ups but its about picking yourself back up and again and starting over. And that you can do, you have the strength!

We're always here so feel free to reach out to us if you ever need any support!

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: Well, I messed up. - March 19th 2011, 10:53 PM

It's good to tell, it always feels better when you do... I know it's not the same, but I wear an emergency elastic band for when I need to cut but can't. Maybe you could do the same. Snap it as hard as you can and come back into reality, think about it and move away from sharp objects, remember why you want to quit and in time you should quit. It's not as easy as people think and a slip-up is vital in getting over it. Remember this regret and you should recover! Good Luck! PM me if you need to talk <3

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
Closed Thread