TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Exclamation addicted to SH! Help before it gets to far! - March 11th 2011, 04:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Help me i need it. i want to real bad. i already did it 2 times today. omg if someone sees this im going to be deep in trouble. OMG i dont want to see it get worse where ill be in the hospital. I almost addmited myself there but i couldnt bc i didnt want to see my friend see me there when i was suppose to going over to her house this weekend. OMG wat do i do? If she sees these im going to be in DEEP TROUBLE! I gotta stop myself before it gets Worse! i already went alittle deep on the last one but if i keep doing it ill go deeper n deeper. OMG I want it real bad right now! Wat do i do?

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: addicted to SH! Help before it gets to far! - March 11th 2011, 04:48 AM

Hey there Leslie (: ,

Firstly, I think you should relax. Your post shows that you are extremely worried about yourself and what others are going to think. Take a step back from your situation and just take a deep breathe. There isn't any reason to start freaking yourself out.

It's great that you realized that you seem to be needing self harm more and more; and that you want to stop before it get's worse. My suggestion is to try some alternatives. Here are a list of some possible alternatives (there are many more, these are just some that your fellow TeenHelp users suggested) : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ .

You seem pretty concerned that your friend is going to be mad at you just because you wouldn't be at her house this weekend because you were about to check yourself in. If she's a true friend then she wouldn't mind and should fully support you getting help. Or if you really feel like you need to be admitted, talk to her and say that something has come up and you need to reschedule a different time for you guys to hang out.

Relax, take a few more deep breaths, and try some alternatives.
Use the fact that you don't want this to get worse as your motivation to stop.

I hope everything goes well <3
If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me.
Stay strong <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Re: addicted to SH! Help before it gets to far! - March 11th 2011, 01:21 PM

well ive tried alternitives like: trying to destract myself n other things. but it seems to never work. i feel like doing it now. but if i have anymore n someone sees them then im going to be somewhere. idk but tats all i think bout. idk anymore. i have 8 on my arm. 5 tat r new n 3 tats if healing as scars. somehow i just need it. im addicted to doing it. i have did it deep but not to deeper then the last one. but i go deeper if i wanted to. i feel lost if i dont do it. im just having a hard time right now with coping.

Leslie

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: addicted to SH! Help before it gets to far! - March 11th 2011, 04:24 PM

Hey,
Keep trying with the alternatives, eventually you will find one that works. By the sounds of it you are worried about yourself and really want to stop, maybe you could talk to a family member, or an adult that you trust - someone that could help and support you through this?
I know how you feel with the addiction, and it will be hard to break, but you can do it; i know you can. Keep reminding yourself that you want to stop, you don't want to upset your friends, it will scar and you don't deserve the pain. You are amazing and beautiful.
You can do this, i believe in you
Stay strong and take care
Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk
Charli :-)

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12