TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

Unhappy i don't think i can do this alone anymore - March 12th 2011, 10:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so i've been trying so hard to quit self-harming because i hate seeing the pain in my bestfriends' eyes every time i tell them that i've cut again. seeing that pain kills me inside.

i thought i was doing so well until tuesday night. i thought i'd gotten over cutting myself but after one of my bestfriends got mad at me and stopped talkin to me on monday and then started talkin about me on tuesday night, to another girl i know, right in front of me i nearly completely fell apart.

once i got home i went straight to my room and got the scissors (my mam took my blade off me) and i held it to my wrist. the only thing that stopped me from cutting myself was my boyfriend.

i've tried some of the alternatives before but they haven't seemed to help. i don't want to tell my parents because they don't understand, and i really don't want to see that pain in my bestfriends' eyes but i don't think i can do this alone anymore. i know i need to stop but the urges are just getting stronger . i need help!

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: i don't think i can do this alone anymore - March 12th 2011, 10:33 AM

Stopping cutting is a really hard thing to do especially without professional help. Your 15 so I think if you went to a doctor and asked for help they would have to tell your parents but i'm not sure. Maybe try going to a councilor they can help you find alternatives and stop but won't have to tell your parents. Also when you feel like cutting. Try phoneing a friend and talking or just stick music on. Try using an elastic band aswell that can substitue some of the pain.
You can do this you just have to be persistant and positive
Good luck and if you ever need to talk feel free to Pm me x

xxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxx

If you ever need ANYTHING just ask (:
Feel Free to leave me a message anytime:
VmPM

I won't let you close enough to hurt me
help link mentor Live help operator
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i don't think i can do this alone anymore - March 12th 2011, 04:23 PM

Hey there.

Firstly I want to tell you that I think you coming to us and asking for help is a great step in the right direction!

It sounds like thngs a pretty rough right now, especially with your friends. I am wondering its just the friends situation which is causing you to feel this way and which is triggering your self harm. If it is then perhaps you could try to help them by letting them talk to you or by encouraging them to talk to someone else such as their parent or a teacher etc.

You say you have tried to use some distractions but that you haven't found them really helpful. I know this isn't what you want to hear but not everything out there is going to help you. But it is really important that you leave behind the things that don't and keep on trying the other ones. Take a look at this thread .... http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. There are so many alternatives out there and thats not even all of them! You can even find some of your own. But there will be things out there which do help you, its just finding those one and not letting the ones that don't help put you down.

You are worth so much and I honestly wish I could take your pain away. You do not deserve to be feeling this way and you don't need to hurt yourself anymore. You are stronger than self harm and you can recover and live a life with out. I know its hard to see your friends hurting but you are your own person and you still deserve to be happy. Hurting yourself because they hurt is only going to make you feel worse. You don't deserve to hurt anymore than you already do.

I know the thought of our parents knowing about this kind of thing can be really daunting and scary but there is nothing to lose. If it means there is a chance of you getting help by doing so then its well worth it. You could try talking to a school nurse or teacher, but they might have to pass the information onto your parents. Of course they should let you know this before hand or you can even ask them yourself. I wouldn't have thought that they will go in to detail either but just make them aware that you are having problems with self harm and only because it is for your own safety. You could also try talking to your doctor if you felt able to.

I really hope this helps and I hope things start to get a bit better for you.
Stay strong, you can do this!

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread