TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sassie0630 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Megan

Exclamation Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 13th 2011, 06:59 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hello I really need advice or something ???? Okay I have been cutting for last 2 days .I just want to cut my wrist and throat!If I could I would of taken pills .I feel like I just gonna really hurt myself.I don't know what to do ? I need to know if I should go check myself in or what .

Last edited by Palmolive; March 13th 2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Adding triggering prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Infinite Limit Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Michael

Re: Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 13th 2011, 07:08 PM

OKAY, First things first. You need to get away from anything you could use to hurt yourself. Please. Go sit and watch tv with family/friends and just be in someone's company. Please.

Secondly, you do NOT want to do this to yourself. It may seem like your only option but it's not. Please, talk, it'll help. You're in pain as it is, cutting will only make the pain worse on yourself. Please, don't cut. Just get away from your blades or whatever you have. You don't need this.

Please, feel free to VM or PM me, if you need someone to listen

"The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul"

Michael - Pilot Flying

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 13th 2011, 07:21 PM

Hey there.

I am really sorry that you're feeling this way and it's led yourself to hurting yourself this way. You don't deserve to be going through this.

Firstly, if you have cut to deep then I really want to encourage you to go straight to hospital now so you can get the medical treatment you need. If its not bleeding to much make sure you put pressure on the wound. But please go to hospital if it is bad.

What ever happens with the physical side with your self harm, if you are feeling suicidal and don't feel safe I also think you need to go to hospital or ring someone and ask them to come to you because you don't feel safe on your own. Your safety is really important. I know its scary but you don't have to be alone in this and people can help you.

Please try and get some help. You ARE worth so much more than this.

Stay strong,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Re: Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 14th 2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassie0630 View Post
Hello I really need advice or something ???? Okay I have been cutting for last 2 days .I just want to cut my wrist and throat!If I could I would of taken pills .I feel like I just gonna really hurt myself.I don't know what to do ? I need to know if I should go check myself in or what .
hi hun..

im sorry that your feeling the need to self harm...but if u feel that you are a danger to yourself..then i think u need to check into the hospital

you are not alone hun...TH is here to help

PM me if u feel the need to
Drew
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 14th 2011, 01:00 PM

Hi sweetie,
Okay, like the above posts have mentioned, you need to stay away from anything you can use to hurt yourself.

If you feel a horrible urge, and it doesn't go away, you really need to get yourself into therapy, or a counselor. Try to distract yourself from the fact that you want to SH. You must really be hurting hun, and I'm so sorry you are!

If you need to talk, I'm always around, please, don't hesitate to pm/vm me! Take care of yourself! <3

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 14th 2011, 02:11 PM

Oh dear. It is going to be alright Megan. I have been a really bad self harmer myself. I want to help you through this. We all want to help you through this. The first step, is to throw away your blades. You have to let them go. As long as the blades are gone, you should be fine. Second, you have to find a distraction for yourself. You can have as many distractions as you need. If you need to talk, we are here to talk. If you need things to sort of take your mind off of it, such as holding ice cubes, or writing or drawing, putting bands around your wrist, you can feel free to do so. We want to make sure we can try everything possible to get you through this. It's going to be fine. Nobody here wants you to harm yourself. We love you.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 14th 2011, 03:19 PM

Hate to echo everybody else here, but if you feel you're going to hurt yourself, you should probably tell someone you can trust, whether a family member, a friend, a neighbour, or whoever.

Also, if you have not taken a look at it, I suggest you glance at the Alternatives to Self-Harm Thread for some ideas on better ways to cope/keep yourself occupied.

If you absolutely feel like you're a danger to yourself (i.e. going to hurt yourself really bad, or feeling suicidal), then I suggest you go to the Emergency Room at your local hospital, and they will be able to help you out.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#8 (permalink)) Old
cat26 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Serious need help ...PLEASE - March 15th 2011, 01:01 PM

Hey Beautiful,
Im so sorry that you are feeling this way. Noone deserves to feel like this. I want you to know that life gives us up and downs, and no matter what you can make it through.

I recommend you tell someone you trust, a family member, a teacher, your friends. If you feel like you dont want to tell anyone, i highly recommend booking an appointment with your local doctor. Its confidential and they dont tell anyone without your permission .

Having distractions is also the best thing , If you have the urge to cut,
sit down in a quiet spot and just breath in and out, forgot about everything and just breath.
you can also listen to music or anything that helps you relax.

I hope everything goes well and remember people love you.x

Closed Thread