TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nikkie95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Unhappy Just too hard to handle - March 16th 2011, 11:45 AM

I thought I could stop cutting, I went almost 3 weeks without doing it. But last night I couldn't take it. I feel like the world has nowhere for me. I don't fit in anywhere. Church, School, even at home, I just don't belong. I tried using a knife but even though I pushed as far as I dared it wouldn't leave so much as a mark. So I took a pin. I don't want this to be so important to me, and I know I need to stop. But i like it, it made me feel good. What should I do? Im so lost
  Send a message via Skype™ to Nikkie95 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Just too hard to handle - March 16th 2011, 11:53 AM

Don't put yourself down. Three weeks is a big accomplishment. You should be proud that you were able to quit for that long. It just so happened you relapsed. It happens. But I'm going to help you. I don't want you to cut yourself. I don't want you to harm yourself. It is going to be fine. You need to get rid of anything sharp. Knives, scissors, safety pins. This is the first step. You need to prevent yourself from using the blades or pins. You have to find a distraction or a motivation for yourself. You are using cutting, as your way of dealing with all of the problems that you are facing in life. That isn't the right choice to make. You should try writing your problems down in a journal. That is always good. Just write down your feelings. You can also draw. If you like to exercise, you can do that. Do something active. Try putting a band on your arm. Just flick that whenever you want to cut. You can also hold ice cubes. There are many more I can give you. I just don't want you to feel that cutting is the answer to your issues in life. I don't want to see you do that. I don't want you harming yourself. You can always come here and talk to us. Talking, and sharing your thoughts is also good if you want to quit. We are always open to help, or if you just want to get something off of your head. Don't be afraid to talk to us. .

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
pixietheangel Offline
i give advice xx
Not a n00b

Name: pixie

Re: Just too hard to handle - March 23rd 2011, 07:08 PM

hey first of all well done 3 weeks is amazing and you deserve to give yourself credit. Dont be hard on yourself for relapsing it will happen bubt its a cycle and cycles can be broken it will jsut take time ok? if you can find your trigger that will be a really good first step, why is it you feel like cutting , stress? familly? relationships? self image? if you can figure out why you are doing it , it gives the "monster" a name which makes it easier to fight. It is most likely you are using cutting as a way to let out your feelings or express them. Instead of doing this try calling a friend next time you want to cut, or throw a cushion at a wall, stab an orange, draw, sing, scream, count, write a poem, make a collage of your thoughts, listen to music, write down how you feel. I sthere anyone who knows about your cutting? if so talk to them about it and if not it can really help xx if its a sensaiton your after like jesse said holding ice cubes or flicking your arm with a bobble or elastic band will act as great ditractions. Remember dont give up and its not your fault. its one of the most difficult addicitons to kick but when you do you will be free. good luck, pm me if you need anything or if u feel like cutting. <3 love pixie xxx

Change the voices in your head,
make them like you instead

Closed Thread