TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tate09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy i relapsed - March 18th 2011, 03:24 AM

i haven't cut in a few months, but tonight, i relapsed. today while playing with a friends phone, i found out that she had been talking about me when she received a text and it popped up. it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. it's honestly just the principle of the thing to me. i've told her about my stuggle with self harm and she says she doesn't mind that, but if i'm having a bad day, she texts one of our other friends and says she doesn't get it. well i don't want her to get it, i just want her to listen. i've lost my trust her and that's what made me relapse. i don't know what to do, everytime i end up trusting someone, they always hurt me in some way. and it's not that i trust people to easily, in fact it takes me forever to trust someone. i want to stop cutting, i just want to stop, but it seems like i can't because people keep hurting me. someone, please...help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i relapsed - March 18th 2011, 04:15 AM

Hey,

I am so sorry you're going through such a tough time at the moment

I honestly don't know what to say with regards to your friend. I just want you to know you can always talk to us here. I know it's not the same as a person in real life but just know that we *do* care about you and will never ever talk about you behind your back.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: i relapsed - March 18th 2011, 04:25 AM

You should be proud of yourself. 3 months is very good. Relapses happen. But we just have to start back over again. You can do it. We are here to support you if you need help.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i relapsed - March 18th 2011, 04:00 PM

Hey there.

I am really sorry that the situation with your friend led you to having urges and relapsing. But I want to make sure you know that you going with out self harming for whole entire months in the first place is such a huge accomplishment and is something you should be really proud of yourself for. Its inspirational and I know that people reading this will look up to you for doing so. It's incredible!

Recovery from self harm isn't about deciding to stop and never hurting yourself again. The thoughts of harming yourself are not just going to go away and the urges are not just going to never come back. Recovery is about trying to stop and not having any slips up on the way. It's not about the slip ups at all. Its all about having the slip up and then picking yourself back up and restarting over. It doesn't matter you that you gave in to the urges, it matters that you don't let it set you back and that you keep on going

Recovery isn't easy at all. It may just be one of the hardest things you eve have to do, but It will be so worth it in the end and you can live a life with out self harm. You don't need to hurt yourself. If you don't talk to anyone I really want to encourage you to do so, especially when you have urges or feel low. And remember to try using distractions!

You can beat this!
Chin up.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
colie18 Offline
I am not your ordinary girl...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Re: i relapsed - March 19th 2011, 06:21 AM

You are a strong young women. Everyone relapses some times. Just know that if you don't trust someone.. then you always have trust with us! <3
  Send a message via AIM to colie18 Send a message via MSN to colie18  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
tate09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i relapsed - March 22nd 2011, 02:16 PM

thanks for all the encouraging words! i want to stop completely, but i never can. getting better is definately a hard thing to do, but i am trying.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
pixietheangel Offline
i give advice xx
Not a n00b

Name: pixie

Re: i relapsed - March 31st 2011, 05:31 PM

You can do it, honestly you can. You just have to convince yourself that you don't ned to cut. You are a strong amazing girl ok? i am really sorry about your friend. But it wil be hard for some people to understand, but everyone on here understands and were here to listen to you. I think its amazing that you mannaged to stop for 3 months. It is such an addictive habit but you are trying to stop and thats why i know you can do it. Youve made so many steps in the write direction, confesing, sharing, stopping. ItS SO GREAT YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!! lol i know i am of you i mean. Try using distractions. Dont worry relapses happen it it/has/been and will be difficult i know im going through it too. But dont punish yourself. youve come a long way . keep going you can do it. its great to hear your getting betetr <3 love pixie<3 pm me if you ever need

Change the voices in your head,
make them like you instead

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i relapsed - March 31st 2011, 05:58 PM

Hey there

Recovery isn't easy at all. There's going to be a lot of pain and hurt along the way and there will be times where you really struggle. But you can do this. You really can. I know it's incredibly hard and at times you're going to want to give in and hurt yourself but you are stronger than self harm. You are worth so much and don't deserve to go through this pain.

I really hope you're okay.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread