TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ItalianBbae Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

I feel like a fake.... - March 18th 2011, 04:31 AM

I feel like a fake because i sort of stopped cutting cold turkey. As much as I think my therapist is ridiculously and that it's stupid that I'm there it must be helping because I never get urges anymore. But that's why I feel like I'm a fake. I haven't really had slip ups since I started therapy (I had one since I decided I wanted to stop, but that was before my first appointment). Ugh so idk, I just feel like quitting should be hard for me, but it hasn't really been. Also, because of that I'm afraid that if I ever stopped therapy I'd just go back to how I was, lke this is only a temporary fix. :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
kylamarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kyla

Re: I feel like a fake.... - March 18th 2011, 11:49 AM

that doesn't mean you're fake. i did the same thing. and i'm also going to therapy. i've had 2 or 3 slip ups since i've started therapy but it was because i wrecked my truck and it really messed me up...i don't get urges to cut every time something unpleasant happens. and that's a good thing! it means we made up in our minds that we are dedicated to do something and we're sticking by it. it doesn't mean you're fake at all. it means you're strong. strong enough to give up your vice and not look back. i'm really proud of you <3 stopping therapy can be a really scary thing to do, but that's why you have this site and friends and family to help you. feel free to private message me if you'd like. always here to talk

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: I feel like a fake.... - March 18th 2011, 11:59 AM

I think the therapy is helping you get through quitting. There is nothing wrong with quitting cold turkey. It works for some people, and for others it doesn't. I don't think it makes you a fake. I'm very proud that you want to quit. It isn't going to be easy, I agree with you, but I'm sure you will do fine. Talk to your therapist, and be honest with them. I don't know if you do any distractions to keep you from cutting, but you should probably try some. Write your feelings down in a journal. If you feel upset, just come here, and share what is on your mind with us. I don't want to see you cutting, or hurting yourself. I care about your safety. I'm just happy that you want to take the necessary steps to quit. I wish you good luck. Like I said, don't be afraid to come here and talk to us, if you feel lost.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I feel like a fake.... - March 18th 2011, 12:28 PM

It doesn't mean you're a fake at all. People handle quitting things differently, some find it hard and others not so much and clearly, it maybe something that is easy for you to do, that doesn't make you fake though. It could also be that the therapy is helping you, that doesn't mean if you stop going you're going to relapse and do it again. If you're strong enough to not do it now, I'm sure that no matter what, you'll still be strong enough x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ItalianBbae Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Re: I feel like a fake.... - March 22nd 2011, 04:44 AM

thanks everyone i think its just frustrating that i feel like im not getting the results i want from therapy but what do i know, im no professional haha. i guess its a good thing too for me to have stopped cutting. idk, just trying to see the bright side of everything in my life lately

(#6 (permalink)) Old
echokay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Echo

Re: I feel like a fake.... - March 22nd 2011, 05:16 AM

you are not a fake. congrats on stopping cutting.
  Send a message via Skype™ to echokay 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: I feel like a fake.... - March 22nd 2011, 09:46 PM

It doesn't mean your fake it probably means you weren't as reliant on cutting as you thought. Congrats on stopping! You've done better than me ! PM me if you want to talk! Go in Peace <3

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
Closed Thread