TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dyingtolive Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i need help - March 21st 2011, 06:42 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i dont rly know anyone on here but if anyone could just message me right now please.... i keep cutting... and theyre deeper than usual and more bloody... and i dont feel a thing.... like everytime i cut theres no pain at all.... i dont even know what to do anymore.... im getting worse and worse and the one thing that was letting me feel something no longer has feeling..... i just dont know what to do...

Sometimes we hurt, sometimes we cry, and sometimes we fall, but what I also know is that sometimes were happy, sometimes we laugh, and we can always get back up when we fall. I know that help is real and hope is real. I know that in falling we learn to fly. And I know that it takes more courage to live than it does to die, so be strong because you can do it.

~"At least we live tonight"~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i need help - March 21st 2011, 06:31 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry that things are bad for you right now and its led you to self harming. You don't deserve to be feeling this pain at all.

Have you tried using ditsractions? If not I really suggest you give it a shot. I know that when we're in that moment of wanting to self harm it can be really hard to even think about trying to distract ourselves because in a sense we want to hurt ourselves but you have to force yourself to use these distractions because at the end of the day you're in control of yourself and you're the only one who can take that action and try them out. Not everything is going to help you. You are going to come across things which you feel don't help you and thats okay. It can be off putting you but you have to move past it and carry on trying new things. Because they're will be distractions which help you.

I am wondering how you express your emotions and thoughts? Sometimes when we feel low our emotions can become overwhelming and we can get a lot of different thoughts running through our minds. Some people use self harm to release their emotions and even if you don't I think expressing your self could help you. Of course I want to encourage you to do this ins a safe way. Personally, I quite like to use art and photography to express myself. Are you creative? Perhaps you could give it a shot. Try drawing, painting, making collages etc. Don't be afraid to use your imagination. Some people however find that sports help them such as running or kick boxing. Where as others finding writing helps. This could be keeping a journal/diary where you can say what ever you want and get it all out with no one knowing. Or perhaps you can write poems and lyrics. Its all about finding what works for you so don't be afraid to experiment.

Having someone to talk to can be really good too and your more than welcome to reply to this post or PM if you would like to. Also if you ever need to talk to someone urgently you can contact a helpline . These people are there to help you so you might as well use them! They understand that its going to be hard for you to open up and they won't force you or push you in to saying anything you don't want to. You could also try talking to a parent, family member, teacher, school nurse, doctor and even look in to counseling. People can really help you but you have to meet them halfway and let them in on whats going on for you right now.

I really hope this helps. Keep your chin up.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread