TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Exclamation stop ... or get put in to a mental hospital... after scars ? - March 26th 2011, 10:03 AM

Haii
Okay soo not long ago about two or three weeks ago I cut .... I now have some light brown/pink scars on my arm even though the actuall cuts have faded ... I've never actually cut this badly and then stopted but my mother found out and is threatening to put me in a mental hospital if I cut again and I really do not want that but with alll the shit going on lately I dont know how much longer I can control myself anymore... and the urge is just there so now I try to distract myself and I tend to eat a lot and Im starting to put on weight wich isnt a bad thing but if I put on much more I'll be over weight and that all I need now ... So what do I doo ? and are after scars really normal ?
Thank you

Last edited by Palmolive; March 26th 2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: stop ... or get put in to a mental hospital... after scars ? - March 26th 2011, 11:16 AM

Scars always happen when cutting and they're a job to get rid of... Obviously I would reccomend stopping however I know it is much harder than it sounds... You should stop cutting in places where they will be seen and move to areas which cannot be seen and where it can't be checked... this way you will stay out of the assylum which is not always best for people. I'm not even sure if they accept self harmers... Instead of eating try and get a hobby such as photography, drawing or music... generally somthing your good at. PM me if you wana talk. go in peace <3

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Last edited by Troubled_Heart; March 26th 2011 at 02:34 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: stop ... or get put in to a mental hospital... after scars ? - March 27th 2011, 05:39 AM

I'm not going to tell you that you have to stop, but I'm advising you to try to gradually stop. It will be hard. It will be harder than most things you may have done. But going from once a day to once a week makes all the difference. And it makes you feel like a much stronger person when you can finally say that you've gone x amount of days with SH. Even going from once a month to once every other month will make such an impact on how you feel from day to day.

I actually find that cutting in obvious places makes it easier to stop, at least it did for me. I started feeling like everyone was looking at me because they knew (even though nobody did and I was just paranoid) and eventually I slowly stopped. When I got myself down to once every few months, I did gain weight though. But it was healthy weight.

I agree with zapparappa. Find something safe and harm free that you love to do. And every time you get an urge to cut or you feel like eating more than you know you want to, go out and do that thing.

As for scars, as long as they don't hurt, you're okay. Some scars show up white, some pink, some brown.. it all depends on the person and how deep it was.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

Closed Thread