TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Unhappy I think I need help - March 26th 2011, 06:01 PM

I have been cutting for 2 months.I want to stop.I have also been thinking about suicide.I have not cut for 6 days.But i think i need help.I am really depressed.I feel as if no one cares about me.And if i died everyone would not care.If any one knows any ways that i could get un-depressed or stop cutting reply.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: I think I need help - March 26th 2011, 06:27 PM

First of all, it's a good achievement that you've stopped cutting for almost a week now. And the fact that you're asking for help is also very good. The first step is to talk to your parents, so they can understand what's going on and they can have you see a therapist. And I promise you, people do care about you. I know how you feel, I struggled with depression for over 3 years. But I made it through, and so can you. Don't rough it out alone without any help like I did. It's much better to seek help from a therapist and the people around you who love you. Stay strong, and take care of yourself. You're here for a reason. The world really is a better place with you in it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I think I need help - March 30th 2011, 10:17 PM

Hey there.

I am more than sorry that things are so difficult for you right now and that you're feeling this way.

I am going to start by being honest and telling you there is no quick or easy way to solve these issues. What you're going through is extremely difficult and there's not just a way out. Getting through this is going to take time and a hell of a lot of hard work. And the person who can help you the most is you. You are the one who has control over your actions and I know thats hard to think but you have to take advice and work with people.

I have no doubt in you. And I know people would care if you were to kill yourself. I know I would care. I care about you, which is why I am replying to this. Because I know you are hurting and I know you are finding simply living really hard right now and its such a horrible way to feel and you don't deserve it in the slightest and if I can help you in any way, I want to. More than anything because you deserve the help and you deserve to get out of this. You ARE worth so much.

If you haven't already done so I want to encourage you to try using some distractions. I know it can be hard to get ourselves to use these when we have urges but you have to make yourself do them, because like I said, you are the one in control. No one else can make you try using distractions, only you can do it. And not all of them will work for you, its all about trial and error and finding the ones which do help you.

And let people in. Let people help you and be honest and work with them because they can help you get through this. They can support you and advise you and just be there for you to talk to. People care about you and they can and will help you. You can try talking to a family member, a friend, a teacher, a school nurse/counselor or a doctor. All these people are there to help you. Its okay to let them in. You never ever have to be alone in this.

I really hope this helps and I hope things start to look up for you. You're worth so much than this. Don't give up.

Keep fighting,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: I think I need help - March 31st 2011, 02:04 AM

Hey Dionna.

First off, I think it's great you've gone six days without hurting yourself. That's a good sign, and shows that you can survive without it.

It sounds like you have a lot on your mind, and I think it would be worthwhile for you to talk to someone about it, like a friend, family member, or counsellor. Here's a list of hotlines you can call to talk to people who can help, if you want. I know opening up can be hard, but I'm not suggesting you have to completely open up to someone all at once - you can share as much or as little as you like.

The list of distractions Jessie provided is definitely worth a look; I know I've used several of them myself, and I can say with certainty that they do help. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions now. You don't have to answer them, but at least think about them. First, why do you feel like no one cares about you? Second, why did you start hurting yourself again? And third, do you know how brave it was of you to post this? Not many people have the strength to ask for help, and this thread proves that you do.

The best way to recover from things like depression and self harm is to seek professional help. It's a scary thought, I know, but it could be what's best for you right now. And if it could help you feel better, isn't it worth the chance?

I hope things get better for you soon.

Good luck.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: I think I need help - March 31st 2011, 03:10 AM

hey thank you for replying ..I am sad to say that i cut again yesterday. but i am probably going to go a therapist ..I want to get better..
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
Closed Thread