TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

i messed up :'( - March 27th 2011, 07:35 PM

i'd gone a month and a day without cutting and now i've messed it all up . the urges had been getting so strong lately and had been coming out of nowhere and now i've given in to the temptation . i feel absolutely horrible now and i just wanna cut again .

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

(#2 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: i messed up :'( - March 27th 2011, 09:23 PM

Don't feel awful! Mistakes happen. It's what makes you human and you shouldn't feel bad about that.

I know it feels like you failed, but it's okay, you didn't. You should feel proud that you made it a month! Not cutting is hard and you did great! You can do it. The urges are hard, I know, but you can get over them and get on with your life. When the urges hit you, distract yourself. There are tons of things you can do instead. We have a great list of alternatives that can help you here:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

If none of those help you, maybe you should consider telling someone. They'll help you figure out why you want to cut and help you deal through those feelings. Tell someone you trust, a parent, a friend, your doctor, a guidance counselor, or a teacher. There a lot of people out there who love you and who want to see you happy.

Remember, you are a good and beautiful person.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Re: i messed up :'( - March 27th 2011, 10:12 PM

I know how it feels to go a month without cutting. I did the same thing and just cut again. I'm trying to stop because some teacher at school got told by my friend and has been on my a** about stopping but I can't and she gets mad when I do, but your not alone. PM me anytime.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: i messed up :'( - March 27th 2011, 10:20 PM

We all have our slip ups. But now is a great time to be strong and reach a little further than before. A month and a day is great.. So now aim for two months and a day. =]

It feels terrible to slip up (I know, I've been slipping up a lot lately), but it really is okay. Think of how it's making you feel. Getting over the urges is a much more rewarding feeling than feeling horrible from SH.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i messed up :'( - March 27th 2011, 10:50 PM

Hey there.

Firstly I want to say that you going a whole month without self harming is absolutely incredible. It really is and it proves you have strength. I want you to know that recovering from self harm isn't about suddenly stopping one day and then never hurting yourself or having urges again. Recovery is about having these urges and you trying your best to reach them, about trying alternatives and talking to people. And if you do slip up and self harm, that does't matter. What matters is that you pick yourself back up and start over again.

You are worth so much more than this and you don't deserve to hurt yourself. I want to encourage you to take a look at the list of alternatives which has previously been sent to you. Not every single distraction technique out there will help you, so its all about finding the ones that do help you and not giving up when you come across the ones that don'. Because there are things out there which will help you.

And talking can really help. Because you never ever have to be alone in this. Talk to people and let them in. Who can you talk to? Friends, family members, a teacher, a school nurse/counselor, a doctor, a helpline. All of these people care about you and can help you if you let them in. You're worth so much and you don't need to go through this on your own.

I hope you're okay. Keep your chin up.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: i messed up :'( - March 28th 2011, 06:43 PM

i just wanna thank you all for the support it really means a lot.
i've gone through so many of the alternatives and still haven't found one that really works.
my 2 besties know that i cut but they don't really know how to help. they try but it doesn't help. they ask me why i do it and i can't answer them anymore because i don't know why anymore.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: i messed up :'( - March 28th 2011, 08:02 PM

I know how you feel about not knowing why you cut. Just think how bad you feel that you did cut and next time you get the urge think about that. The only thing that can sometimes work for me is going for a run until I puke, but after I often need to cut because I never can run my best when angry... Slip ups are natural, maybe you can try and go longer each time until eventually you don't need to cut anymore?

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: i messed up :'( - March 28th 2011, 08:07 PM

i've been trying to find a reason and i just can't anymore. i always end up forgetting how bad i feel after. hmmm i'll try it but i don't know well it'll work

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: i messed up :'( - March 29th 2011, 02:26 AM

Your reason : You.

You should be your biggest reason to quit. Sure, you may be the main reason why you started, but only you can stop yourself from doing it. You have to want it for yourself. Only then will you be able to find the strength and peace you need to stop.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#10 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chrissy

Re: i messed up :'( - March 29th 2011, 05:26 AM

aw hun don't cut again. i'm not gonna judge. We all make mistakes. But i wish it didn't happen I'm here for you to help you. I wanna help you make it through all this. So that way it doesn't happen again. I know it's going to be tough. but it will be worth it in the end.
message me if you need to talk.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: i messed up :'( - March 29th 2011, 05:52 PM

yes, i completely understand what you're saying courtney and i am trying.
what i meant is that i can't find a reason as to why i still cut.

thanks chrissy. that really means a lot to me

Closed Thread