TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chell-see Offline
chell-see
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: chelsea

told me to cut deeper + kill myself - March 31st 2011, 01:11 PM

i dont know if this is even in the right section but oh well..
somebody who used to be my bestfriend seems to have turned into a complete bitch overnight.
she said to me today "can i see your wrists?" so i showed them her. then she goes " i think you should cut deeper"
i justr shrugged.
then about 10 mins later she goes, " you know when you were going to kill yourself?"
me: "yea...?"
her: "why didn't you?"
me: *shrugs*
then she turned away and mutters to herself " i wish you had. nobody likes you." I dont think she intended for me to hear.
the thing is,even though i know i should ignore it, its really hard to ignore it, and now i really want to kill myslef + cut even more.
if it wasnt for the fact i dont have a razor or knife with me, i probably would be cutting right now.

Last edited by chell-see; March 31st 2011 at 04:30 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: told me to cut deeper + kill myself - March 31st 2011, 04:57 PM

Hey,

I'm so sorry things are like this at the moment, your friend should never have said that. Whether she is upset with you or not, she should never say that to anyone. She is wrong, you are amazing and beautiful and most definitely shouldn't hurt yourself.
Maybe you could talk to a family member or if you are in education a teacher? Someone who could help and support you through this.
If you ever want/need to talk, feel free to PM me,
Stay strong and take care,
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
pixietheangel Offline
i give advice xx
Not a n00b

Name: pixie

Re: told me to cut deeper + kill myself - March 31st 2011, 05:18 PM

Omg please dont cut. i know it can be addictive ive been there. Your ex"friend" was so sososo wrogn to say that. That isnt true people do like you i promise and i feinatley do. Shes just one of thos emean people that want to put people down so that she feels better about herself. I know its hard but if you can find the strength to ignore it that would be so much better. She doesnt know what she is saying and i can guarentee if you went through with it she would feel really bad, unless shes not human. Im so sorry that things are bad like this but try alternatives to cutting. You dont need to kill yourself you are perfect, special, wanted, needed and beautiful. The reason your friend said that i know it sounds weird but its noramlly because they are jealous so take it as a copliment. I know that is a really weird way of looking at it but if you understand me then yh. Instead of cutting try drawing/singing/writing/screaming/counting/hitting a pillow/stabbing an orange/punish yourself by not cutting/think of the scars you may get/think of the upset youl cause to your family. Next time you feel liek cutting/ comiting suicide please call someone straight away that you trust and tell them everything. Talk it out tht way when your done you wont feel like cutting. I hope things get beter between that mean person and you, PM me if you ened to tlak or your feling down. xx Love pixie xx

Change the voices in your head,
make them like you instead

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: told me to cut deeper + kill myself - March 31st 2011, 05:26 PM

Hey there.

I can not explain to you how sorry I am that your friend has said this to you and I can only begin to imagine how horrible you must feel that you have heard her say this. I don't agree with your friend at all and I think it was incredibly unfair of her to say this to you.

Through out out life, we're all going to get people saying horrible things at some point. I wish there were not people out there who do go around saying this because when it comes to mental health and self harm etc its a really sensitive subject and makes the person who is having to hear the things being said, really upset and can even set them back a bit. I wish people could understand how much it hurts you to go through this because you don't deserve to go through this or to have people saying these things to you. You ARE worth so much more than any of what that girl has said to you. You don't need to hurt yourself and dying is definitely not the way out. Self harm and suicidal thoughts are really hard to deal with but you are worth more than it.

I don't know what has happened to make you feel this way or I don't even know how you are feeling, but I want you to know that I'm here if you need anyone and that you are more than welcome to talk to us if you need help with your self harm and your thoughts.

You can do this. Keep your chin up.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: told me to cut deeper + kill myself - April 3rd 2011, 11:12 AM

mega bitch, show her how strong you are by resisting the temtation

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lucynyu101 Offline
'Ryuichi Sakuma'
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kezia

Re: told me to cut deeper + kill myself - April 4th 2011, 03:42 AM

OH. MY. GOD. She is NOT worth your time because that is not right, om my gosh i am so sorry. please do not kill yourself, and please do not self harm. dont allow her to get to you because its not worth it.

<3 Lucy

Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see the pain someone feels

Last Time I Cut
5/4/2011

(#7 (permalink)) Old
chell-see Offline
chell-see
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: chelsea

Re: told me to cut deeper + kill myself - April 5th 2011, 04:44 PM

thank you all for the support <3
i took everything you said on board, and i resisted it- i didnt cut!
since then, she has apologised, but shes also said a few more things simmilar to it... i dont think she realises just how much her comment affected me.
i havnt cut since, and im trying really hard not to.
i have been using some of the copig strategies i found on TH, and they are really helping. its still rediculously difficult to stop, and i dont think any of my friends or family really understand... they think its as simple as "just dont do it anymore"... its hard to talk to them, because they dont really understand. i have tried to explain it to them, but none of them seem to understand that its a bit like an addiction for me.
its been lovely on this site being able to talk to other people who understand, and i thank you alll for being so supportive <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Exulansis Offline
I don't exist anymore.
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: told me to cut deeper + kill myself - April 5th 2011, 05:11 PM

i know its hard to ignore but there are ppl who care and want u here u need to lose her as a friend and its ok it bothers u but dont let it make u want to kill urself show her she is wrong many ppl probably like u they just havent met u yet so go out there make new friends who will support you and instead of telling u to cut deeper they will say try to quit i will help u get thru this there are ppl out there who do care and want you around
love coco feel froee to pm me i will answer asap and dont hesitate im always here and glad to help

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Exulansis:
The tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it.

I'm the unicorn queen, you must bow before me

Closed Thread