TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

help :/ - April 1st 2011, 08:58 PM

i tried to give up cutting. i made it to a month and a day and then i messed up. its been five days since i messed it up and i haven't cut since. i really feel like cutting again just so i can feel it and see the blood but i'm trying not to let myself. i got so close to it earlier. i even had my blade ready but i decided to ask my cousin to distract me instead. every time i think about cutting now my chest goes really tight and my breathing gets really heavy. i just need advice.

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

Last edited by Palmolive; April 1st 2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: help :/ - April 1st 2011, 10:54 PM

Hey there.

Firstly I want to make sure that you know going a whole month with out hurting yourself is amazing and inspirational. It's a really great achievement and something you should definitely hold on to. You going through a whole entire month without self harming is something you need to remind yourself to help you remember you are stronger than it. And again, it's now been five days and in that time you have had urges to hurt yourself but you have asked others to distract you to try and stop you from self harming which is really great.

I always try to make people aware that recovery is not all about deciding you want to stop self harming, stopping and never doing it again. You're going to get urges, you might slip up, but it's not about the slip up its about picking yourself back up afterwards and starting again. And you are strong enough and you have proven that. I know not self harming when you have urges is really difficult but I know you can beat the urges.

If you haven't already I really want to encourage you to take a look at this list of distractions. I know sometimes when we have the urges we don't want to distract ourselves because we feel like we really do want to hurt ourselves, but you have to really force yourself to use these distractions because some will help. Not all of them will and it may take time to find the right ones for you, but there are ones which will help you and don't let the ones which don't set you back. You know just as much as me that if you give in to the urges its not going to help for ever and that sooner or later you will get urges again. The more and more you beat them, the stronger you will get. As time goes on, you'll start to feel better and the urges won't be there as much and you will start to not have them and live a life with out self harm.

Things won't be like this for ever. They can and they will get better. Its not going to be easy and its going to take time but you can get there. Don't ever be alone in this. Let people in when you need someone. You can try talking to a friend, a teacher, a family member, a school nurse/counselor or a doctor. And of course we're always here for you at teenhelp. You are worth so much and don't deserve to go through this. You ARE worth more than self harm.

You can do this, stay strong.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: help :/ - April 1st 2011, 11:01 PM

thanks Jessie
only thing is, its too late this time i completely caved and gave into it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: help :/ - April 1st 2011, 11:11 PM

Hey

I'm sorry that you gave in, but it's no big deal okay? So what, it happens. But you are stronger than self harm and you can move on from it.

Do you know what's causing you to feel this way? Because if you do and something is bothering you, you're more than welcome to talk to us about if if you think it will help you. I don't want you to feel alone like you have no one, because I'm here for you. And I am here for you because I do care about you and I do want you to be okay.

Remember, its not about the slip ups, its about picking yourself back up. And you can do this, you really can. I believe in you.

Smile.

Jessie.

Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: help :/ - April 1st 2011, 11:18 PM

ok
i don't really know why i'm like this anymore. it started because of things that were happening between me and some friends and from some things that were happening at home but all that's practically sorted now. i gave in after the month because i realised my ex had been using me the whole time and actually didn't really care about how i felt or that i felt like cutting. but i don't know why i cut tonight.

thanks Jessie that really means a lot

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: help :/ - April 1st 2011, 11:28 PM

Hey there.

You're more than welcome dear. You're worth so much and I don't want you to be hurting like this. It sounds like you have had a rough time with friends etc and perhaps that is a trigger for you. Maybe its caused a lot of feeling and even cause confidence issues or caused you to think bad of yourself etc. I don't know so perhaps it something you can think about and try to think how the things with your friends could have affected you today. You really are worth so much though and you don't deserve to be feeling this way. And I know you might get sick of hearing it and I know I have already said it, but things can get better. And you can get through this. You're better than self harm.

Chin up,

Jessie. x

(#7 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: help :/ - April 1st 2011, 11:37 PM

again that really means a lot
i will try thinking about it and i'll talk to my friends about it if i can.
ok and thank you

Closed Thread