TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

im very close - April 3rd 2011, 08:12 AM

i really want to cut very bad right now..
the urges are soooo strong
i cant hold, out much longer

Drew

Last edited by Palmolive; April 3rd 2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: im very close - April 3rd 2011, 08:51 AM

Stay strong. You can do this. Don't let the blades win. You don't have to surrender to the blades. It is difficult, I can understand. The temptations are hard to control. You see the blade as a solution to this. It is not a solution. The blades are not the answer. Don't give up, hang in there. Get some ice cubes, put them in the palms of your hands. This should be able to calm you down. Put a band around your wrist. Pull that whenever you have the urges of cutting yourself. Write about your problems in a journal. Draw pictures to get your mind off the urges. Exercise for a little while, go outside and jog. Go ride a bike, do something physical. Don't feel hopeless. I want to help you. I don't want you to hurt yourself. We can conquer this step by step. You can do this, I know you can.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: im very close - April 3rd 2011, 03:29 PM

Hey there Drew.

I am really sorry that this reply is a bit late and my advice might not be needed now but I thought I'd shoot you a reply back anyway.

I want you to know that you ARE worth so much more than self harm. That you know just as much as I do then even if you do hurt yourself now that sooner or later the urges will come back and you'll be in the same position all over again. So you have to stay strong and not give in to the urges, because that is the only way to beat self harm completely. And it won't be easy, in fact in might be one of the hardest things you ever have to do in your whole entire life, but it will be damn worth it because you can get out of this depression and find happiness in life again. You have your whole life ahead of you and things are not always going to be this way. Depression goes away. Sooner or later it will go away, it doesn't stay here for ever. And it is curable. There are ways to treat it. You won't feel like this for the rest of your life.

If you haven't already I really want to encourage you to take a look at the list of distractions. I'm not saying that everything you try on this list is going to help you because it's not, okay. It's all about trial and error. There will be ones that help you it's just finding them all. So when you come across something which doesn't help you, don't give up. Don't let those things set you back. Keep on trying the others.

Do you have anyone to talk to? I want you to know that you are never alone and that we are always here for you whether that means you posting in a forum, going in to chat, blogging, using livehelp or help link or even shooting me a PM. There is always someone here for you and if you were to message me I'd reply back ASAP. Why? Because I care about you and because I believe in you. Because I don't want you to feel alone and because I know you can get through this and that you just need some support along the way.

You could also talk to a friend, family member, a school nurse/counselor, a teacher or even a doctor. All these people care about you and they can and will want to help you, but you have to let them in. For them to help you they have to know whats going on for you and how you are feeling.

I really hope this helps. Remember you're not alone and you ARE worth so much.
Take care,

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
percabeth98 Offline
Messy
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Darcy Riley

Re: im very close - April 3rd 2011, 09:01 PM

i've been there. don't start its addicting. im not even kidding.

Last edited by Palmolive; April 3rd 2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Fitting to TOC.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: im very close - April 4th 2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexithymia View Post
Hey there Drew.

I am really sorry that this reply is a bit late and my advice might not be needed now but I thought I'd shoot you a reply back anyway.

I want you to know that you ARE worth so much more than self harm. That you know just as much as I do then even if you do hurt yourself now that sooner or later the urges will come back and you'll be in the same position all over again. So you have to stay strong and not give in to the urges, because that is the only way to beat self harm completely. And it won't be easy, in fact in might be one of the hardest things you ever have to do in your whole entire life, but it will be damn worth it because you can get out of this depression and find happiness in life again. You have your whole life ahead of you and things are not always going to be this way. Depression goes away. Sooner or later it will go away, it doesn't stay here for ever. And it is curable. There are ways to treat it. You won't feel like this for the rest of your life.

If you haven't already I really want to encourage you to take a look at the list of distractions. I'm not saying that everything you try on this list is going to help you because it's not, okay. It's all about trial and error. There will be ones that help you it's just finding them all. So when you come across something which doesn't help you, don't give up. Don't let those things set you back. Keep on trying the others.

Do you have anyone to talk to? I want you to know that you are never alone and that we are always here for you whether that means you posting in a forum, going in to chat, blogging, using livehelp or help link or even shooting me a PM. There is always someone here for you and if you were to message me I'd reply back ASAP. Why? Because I care about you and because I believe in you. Because I don't want you to feel alone and because I know you can get through this and that you just need some support along the way.

You could also talk to a friend, family member, a school nurse/counselor, a teacher or even a doctor. All these people care about you and they can and will want to help you, but you have to let them in. For them to help you they have to know whats going on for you and how you are feeling.

I really hope this helps. Remember you're not alone and you ARE worth so much.
Take care,

Jessie.

thank you for your kind words Jessie

i just dont feel that im strong enough to fight anymore..i know that im not strong...i put on this act..convincing everyone around me that im okay..but i know that im not...

To be honest with you..i dont have anyone to talk to...no one in my family knows what i do...and i dont have any"real life" freinds anymore...

i just feel like i have lost the battle.

mabye i should just give up

you are sooo sweet for wanting to help me and for caring about me...
Drew
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: im very close - April 4th 2011, 08:12 AM

dammit..dammit dammit..
i just did it
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: im very close - April 4th 2011, 08:24 AM

Hey Drew.

I'm sorry to hear that happened. But you know what? It doesn't mean you're a failure, or you've let people down. The best thing you can do is move on from it.

It sounds like you have a reasonably negative attitude towards this, feeling like you're not strong enough to get through it. Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're right. If you approach it believing you're just going to fail, then you probably will. In order to recover, you have to first believe that it's possible, and that you can do it.

If you want to talk about what caused you to hurt yourself, we're here. The more we know, the more we can help.

Take care.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

Re: im very close - April 4th 2011, 07:47 PM

hey drew,
you have helped me so much when i was in this situation so if you want to talk you can pm me anytime and i will help you anyway i can!

Forget the risk. Take the fall. If it's meant to be, it's worth it all.
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all fucking dead

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: im very close - April 7th 2011, 12:16 PM

i just know im going to end up doing it
in a REALLY bad way..

i dont feel safe from my impulses atm
Drew
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: im very close - April 8th 2011, 12:04 AM

I really recommend that you call someone. Right now. Tell them what's going on, and let them help. Let them keep you safe. You don't deserve to feel this way, and maybe the only way to get out of it is by asking for, and accepting, help. If you're really worried about yourself, it's definitely best to talk to someone. Or even just be with someone. Anything so you're not alone.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread