TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 3rd 2011, 11:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

yer thanks to all the people who helped me out on my last thread on im about to fucking self harm, no one replyed, i feel like im pessest or something, it just comes over me and cant help it, its so strong it controles me, no one reached out to me to help and it wone, hmm, maybe i should stay a way from razzors next time too.

the only reason i took the photo is to show you, i cant help the fact. im not lieing and if you see what this demon does to me you may be able to help me!

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX

Last edited by Rob; April 3rd 2011 at 02:35 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 614237 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 3rd 2011, 01:00 PM

Eliza,

I'm sorry you're not getting the help you ask for, and I'm also sorry you're going through such a hard time. Self harm isn't good through. You should try the alternatives TH has to offer, by looking here: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

If people aren't giving you help that works, also think about trying HelpLINK or Live Help. They can work amazingly if you try them, and they might be able to offer you more help than us. Please try not to cut again, it doesn't help and it will only make the urges worse. It's hard, I know, but you can do it because you're strong. Perhaps talk to someone as well, as they might be able to offer you the support you need to make it through this.

We do not believe you were lying, it's just sometime not everypost is responded to as quickly as others. If you ever feel like you're in need of help please don't hesitate to PM me and I will always do my best to help you. Take care, and keep your chin up beautiful.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 3rd 2011, 01:55 PM

thank you so much, this will help me alot <3 !

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 3rd 2011, 02:03 PM

Like I said, anytime.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 3rd 2011, 10:43 PM

Eliza, one thing you have to consider is the time zone differences. I know many users are in my time zone, or around it. Many users live in Canada or the US, and there are a fair few in the UK too.

When you posted this, it was 3am my time zone, and it was between 12am-3am across most of Canada and USA. In the UK, it was 8am, if I'm not mistaken.

You can't expect us to respond to you when we're in bed. And you can't expect an instant response every time. If you're in a situation where you need somebody to talk to right away, I'd suggest either LiveHelp, or if they're offline, the TeenHelp Chat.

Keep in mind, you'll definitely get a response eventually (it is EXTREMELY rare for a post to go without replies for any more than a day), but it's probably not going to happen right away (unless you post at a time when someone happens to be on to respond).

You can't blame us for having our own lives, whether it be school, work, volunteer activities, church, meals, family stuff, sleeping, etc., and saying we all IGNORED you when we weren't online (since I, personally, was SLEEPING) isn't fair.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

9 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lucynyu101 Offline
'Ryuichi Sakuma'
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kezia

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 4th 2011, 03:33 AM

I am so sorry! Please dont self harm though People on this earth care for you and want you to live.

Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see the pain someone feels

Last Time I Cut
5/4/2011

(#7 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Unhappy Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 4th 2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Eliza, one thing you have to consider is the time zone differences. I know many users are in my time zone, or around it. Many users live in Canada or the US, and there are a fair few in the UK too.

When you posted this, it was 3am my time zone, and it was between 12am-3am across most of Canada and USA. In the UK, it was 8am, if I'm not mistaken.

You can't expect us to respond to you when we're in bed. And you can't expect an instant response every time. If you're in a situation where you need somebody to talk to right away, I'd suggest either LiveHelp, or if they're offline, the TeenHelp Chat.

Keep in mind, you'll definitely get a response eventually (it is EXTREMELY rare for a post to go without replies for any more than a day), but it's probably not going to happen right away (unless you post at a time when someone happens to be on to respond).

You can't blame us for having our own lives, whether it be school, work, volunteer activities, church, meals, family stuff, sleeping, etc., and saying we all IGNORED you when we weren't online (since I, personally, was SLEEPING) isn't fair.

ohhkayy, but i had so many views on it and no one bother to say anything, thats the only thing i didnt get.

ANDY SIXX
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
01love Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lena

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 4th 2011, 12:54 PM

Well, to be fair, I open most new threads. I read them wanting to post something to help, but when I don't know how I should reply, I don't. Most of us aren't trained therapists. The most we can do is comfort you and offer you advice based on experience and common sense. I didn't know how to word a reply that would help you, so sorry, I didn't post. And it's final exam time in Canada/US - we're barely on the computer so please understand lol (:

If you do want my advice, I think you should talk to an adult you trust about your problem. It could be that you're just very emotional right now, but if your urges are triggered so easily, I think there is a different and more serious underlying issue than just a no-reply thread.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 4th 2011, 03:22 PM

K, the thing about the views is, there IS a button that some people press, when they don't want a million notifications of unread posts. It's the "Mark Forums Read" button. I do that, when I don't know what to say, or aren't in the right frame of mind to help people, or even when I've read all the posts and replied/can't reply.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#10 (permalink)) Old
jhor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Water

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 7th 2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndureEmo View Post
ohhkayy, but i had so many views on it and no one bother to say anything, thats the only thing i didnt get.

Plus, that's all views. Those are mostly people who don't have accounts and can't say anything even if they wanted to. That plus the "mark as read" button was probably why. I'm sorry that happened, I really am. But it's not fair for you to blame it all on us.

Remember to use live help so anything serious wont happen next time, we wouldent want anything to happen.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: you all ignored me when i neaded help, so i turned to the blade! - April 7th 2011, 09:40 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry you feel this way but I have to agree with the people who have previously replied.

However I want you to know that I'm here if you need anything and that you're more than welcome to post in the forums again. Just because you didn't get anyone reply that time doesn't mean you won't in the future. We do care about you here and we do want to help you.

I know things are hard for you right now but you are worth so much more than this. You're stronger than self harm and you won't always feel this way.

Stay strong.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread