TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
percabeth98 Offline
Messy
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Darcy Riley

Exclamation burning and loving but scared - April 3rd 2011, 09:07 PM

hey. i burned myself for the first time yesterday. it felt really good and i want to do it again but i dont want to die. Can you help me?

Last edited by Palmolive; April 3rd 2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Fitting toc

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: burning and loving but scared - April 3rd 2011, 09:31 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry that things are rough for you right now and you've found yourself self harming. You don't deserve to be feeling this way at all.

I think it might be a good idea for you to take a look at the list of distractions. Not everything on the list will help you but there are things which will, you just need to find them. Don't let the ones which don't help set you back and stop you from trying new things either. I know sometimes when we have urges its really hard to try and distract ourselves but you're in control and you have to force yourself to do so.

Do you know what's making you feel so bad that you want to hurt yourself? If you're not sure perhaps it would be a good idea to try and think about it and figure out whether there is anything which is triggering you to feel this way. If you do know whats triggering you to feel this way you're more than welcome to talk to us about it if you want to to. We will try our best to help you.

I also think you finding a way of expressing your thought and emotions might be good for you. This could be bu doing art (painting, collage) , doing a sport (running, dancing, kick boxing), photography or even writing things down. You could try keeping a journal/diary or even try writing poems or lyrics. Talking to people can be really good to. You can try talking to a friend, a teacher, a family member, a school nurse/counselor or a doctor. These are all people who care about you and want to help you. It is okay to let them in.

I know things are hard for you right now but they can and they will get better. It's not going to be like this for ever. I promise.

Keep smiling. You are worth so much.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: burning and loving but scared - April 3rd 2011, 10:14 PM

Heyy,

Pain can feel good sometimes, and trust me, I know as I've felt it as a good thing sometimes too, but it's not a good idea. It damages your body, and it's just a general bad thing to bo honest. I'ts great that you're reaching out to us here, and I hope you get the help you want.

As Jess said, try the alternatives as they will probably offer you at least one way of taking your mind away from the urge to burn yourself. If you continue to struggle, try using the HelpLINK or LiveHelp to give you some extra advice on what to do, as they might be able to answer questions better than us.

I'm happy for you to PM me aswell. I love to help people out in their times of need, so do not hesitate to contact me and ask some questions. Take care and keep strong, you're worth too much to be unhappy and feel the need to hurt yourself. Chin up, and we love you. Take care.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread