TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   Triggering (SH): i was told they're not deep enough (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t71020-i-told-theyre-not-deep-enough/)

XHaters_Make_me_famousX April 4th 2011 06:25 PM

i was told they're not deep enough

so a while ago, my only freind at school was looking at my arm and she was like "your cuts arent deep enough, so whats the point of doing it?you should try to go deeper." and she knows ive been trying to stop so now that just set me back, to where when i get home im going to try cutting with a knife instead of a blade.:(

Palmolive April 4th 2011 06:43 PM

Re: i was told they're not deep enough

Hey there.

I am really sorry that your 'friend' has said this to you. But I have to be honest and ask you if she really is your friend because if she is, I honestly can't understand why she would say something like that to you. Friends are suppose to be there for one another and if she was a true friend I feel like she'd be encouraging you to stop, not to go deep that what you're already doing.

Apart from the obvious medical reasons I don't think there is to much of a difference about how deep you cut. Whether you go deep or not, you're hurting yourself and thats the problem. Of course I don't recommended you to go deeper because if you go to deep it is dangerous. But mentally and emotionally, you have thoughts of hurting yourself and you have acted upon them and to me, thats enough. Its not okay for you to be hurting yourself and you definitely don't need to go any deeper.

I really hope you manage to see that what your friend said isn't true and that you don't need to go any deeper than you do now. You are worth so much more than that and don't deserve to be hurting yourself at all. It might be good for you to try talking to someone as well. That could be a teacher, a doctor, a family member, a school nurse/counselor or us at teenhelp. I'm always here if you ever want a chat or anything.

Jessie.

Maloo April 4th 2011 06:45 PM

She's most certainly not your friend if she said something like that. She's actually an incredibly horrible person for saying that.

Have you looked into going to counseling?

*CatchingStars* April 4th 2011 07:54 PM

dont go deep plz it dangerous dont listen to this friend she is not a friend a firend wiouold be helping u quit keep trying to quit and u dont need to go deep u dont need to im always here for you just pm me alright just keep trying to quit alright u can do cuz ur worth it girl
love coco pm me if u need to im always here

Katley April 5th 2011 12:01 AM

Hey Amanda,

That's freaking terrible. I dont understand why anyone would do that. Just know that ur friend is WRONG. and Thts totally not okay

XHaters_Make_me_famousX April 5th 2011 03:40 PM

i know she is not a friend
and i know i shouldnt do it, but i realized my cuts are like scratches. and they are pointless:(

Maloo April 5th 2011 04:00 PM

They're not pointless because they're scratches. They're pointless because they're not doing anything good for you. You should look into counseling so you can find healthy ways to cope with what you're feeling.

XHaters_Make_me_famousX April 5th 2011 06:01 PM

i am already talking to somone,
and it's kinda helping like
some days i wan to stop then the next day i dont.
idk anymore

chell-see April 5th 2011 06:45 PM

a friend of mine said something simmilar the other day to me, and i understand exactly how much it propbably hurt you.
for a start, this person is not a very nice friend if they said that to you. you should try to ignore them... i know thats easier said than done, but if you listen to them and cut deeper, it will only hurt you more. it wont benifit anyone.
alos, dont let anything anyone says put you donwn... even if you only stop for a day, its still really good :) every day matters.
this girl is probably TRYING to put you down, and make you feel bad about yourself- dont listen to her, because from what you say, she is a very horrible person. stay strong and prove her wrong and show her she cant put you dont like that by not cutting. you'll show her that she cant get the better of you, and you'll feel alo better about yourself too :)
<3