TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 4th 2011, 06:52 PM

i don't know if i wanna stop cutting. i know i should, but i've grown so used to doing it. everytime i get bored now i get so close to taking out my blade and cutting. i know i should distract myself but i just can't. i've tried so hard but the thoughts are always there in my mind. they're there practically 24/7.
i find it hard to keep it from my friends so i ended up telling 2 so far that i've relapsed. i told my second friend today and she completely freaked at me when i told her that i cut 9 times over the weekend. i ended up nearly laughing when she started hitting me because of it

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 4th 2011, 07:38 PM

wow i can easily relate to that. i dont think its a problem either. and i laugh at it too. stay strong. i can tell you so many ways its not healthy, but i dont think you want to hear it do you?
pm me if you want!

Forget the risk. Take the fall. If it's meant to be, it's worth it all.
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all fucking dead

(#3 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 4th 2011, 07:41 PM

yeah, i just can't make up my mind. i didn't laugh by choice though, i just couldn't stop myself from laughing :/. yeah i've kinda figured it's not healthy :/. you can tell me if you want. you don't have to if you don't want to.
thanks

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 4th 2011, 07:50 PM

well i felt the same way when i wanted to stop and i thought i couldnt u have to want to quit to quit u haave to believe u can and stay strong this is possible anyy thing is possible with a little push if u decide to quit pm me or pm if u just need to talk also if u do decide to its ok to slip up mistakes are ok they are a stepping stone to learning they make us stronger and who we are to teach others not to make the same one good luck stay strong
love coco im always here

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 4th 2011, 08:00 PM

hey coco
i did try to give up. i made it to a month and a day and then i just gave in. things were really bothering me at the time and i just couldn't cope without cutting.
since i've started cutting again, i've gotten so much worse. at first it was just the odd cut on my wrist (not deep enough to bleed) but now i'm making multiple cuts on my stomach (and they do bleed). i nearly passed out yesterday because of it.
i just don't know if i have the willpower to stop again.
thanks though

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 5th 2011, 03:23 AM

Hey Celine.

Do you want to know something? It's natural to be unsure about stopping. It's okay to have doubts, to be confused, to question it.

You've made it over a month without self harm before, and that shows you can do it. I think it's great you've gone so long, and it proves you can go that long again - or even longer.

I'm sure you're aware of how self harm can escalate, and become a bigger problem than you intended it to be. That's just how it works. You may think you have control over self harm, but this shows that, to some extent, it has control over you. Do you want it to be that way? Do you want to be reliant on an unhealthy coping mechanism? Or would you rather fight it off now, and work through it, and be a happier and stronger person?

As for why self harm isn't healthy - there's always the chance of infection, cutting too deep, it's obviously doing damage to your body, and not to mention all the negative feelings that come with it (shame, guilt, etc).

If you don't want to be self harming for the rest of your life, you're going to have to stop. And if that's the case, why not now? There's never going to be a perfect time to stop, so you may as well make the best of a bad situation and try now.

I know recovery is hard, and at times you'll want to give up. But you have to believe that you can do this. You have to trust that you'll get through this. You have to keep going, even when you feel like giving up, and know that something better is waiting on the other side.

Good luck.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 5th 2011, 05:41 PM

hey
i completely agree with what you're saying. i think i was just having a down moment when i posted this.

one of my friends sat me down today and talked to me about it and asked if she could talk to our year head about it, so i said ok. so now with the help of my friends and my year head they're organising a meeting with my guidance councilor to help me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 5th 2011, 10:40 PM

thats good i never had the balls to got to someone about it i was to scared of what they would say and iv stopped now and im happy i get reminded every day when i see my scars in the moring and i did this for someone i love and i have mad a promis to myself i wish i didnt and thats is if she dumped me i would put myself in hospital and and i dont even want to stop thou i want to keep doing it and iv gone 2 weeks now and its all getting a little bit better so self harm fucked up my life and when i stopped my shitty life stopped ish but life always has its down sides and this was one of mine and if i didnt meet my gf i think i would be typing you this form A&E so dont go to far ok pm me if you ever need anything nothing can trigger me so feel free to say anything kk

good luck 1yr1a

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: i don't know if i wanna quit :/ - April 6th 2011, 01:07 AM

Celine,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Recovery itself is a mix of ups and downs, and the fact that you were willing to reach out during one of the 'downs' is a good sign.

It sounds like you have some very caring friends there, and I'm glad they're able to help. It was so brave of you to accept their help, too - I know how hard it can be to accept help, even when it's offered right there in front of you, so you did a good thing.

Since you seem to be feeling better, and are happy with the responses, I'm going to close this thread. PM me if you disagree.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread