TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Unhappy My mum saw my teenhelp emails - April 4th 2011, 07:52 PM

My mum saw my teenhelp emails and was like what's that and she knows.. I know she knows... she came on the website and I said it's a chat site I talk to my friends on but it's obvious it's not... I'VE BEEN SO STUPID! It stressed me and I've just cut I feel really bad and I want to cut more... this is all I can do not to... but I got blood on my white school shirt so I covered it in blue paint and realized it looked deliberate... I tried to was it but it doesn't wash and acrylic paint doesn't come out. I'm going to be in so much trouble!!!!! I guess there's no question but I've relapsed already... after 4 days! I feel like s**t. I failed... what do I do? Quitting's too hard and I just can't do it...

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

Re: My mum saw my teenhelp emails - April 4th 2011, 07:56 PM

hey melissa
i'm really sorry that you're going through this right now. believeme, if i could take this all away from you, i would. right now i think the best thing you could do is talk to your mum and let her know what's going on. i know that's the last thing you want to do but it's gone too far now. (i'm really sorry if that sounded harsh, it wasn't supposed to).

you haven't failed. you slipped up. it happens. you need to try and move past this so you can get through this. i know you can beat this. i believe in you

if you ever want to talk about anything just PM me ok ?
i really hope you're ok.
lots of love,
Celine
xoxo

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: My mum saw my teenhelp emails - April 4th 2011, 08:05 PM

Melissa,

It's terrible you're going through this, but could you talk to your mum about your issues so that you are open with her and she sees lees of a need to 'stalk' you on here? I know it's hard to open up to people, but you can do it because you're strong.

As for the cutting, it's not the best way out. It doesn't help you with anything or take away the feeling you have for very long. It's not good for you. You went four days without cutting, which is absolutly amazing, and I'm so very proud of you for doing that. Gradually things will become easier when it comes to stopping, and you'll be able to handle longer time periods. You're not weak. You're incredibly strong for trying, and for succeeding for four whole days. Use that as yor motivation, and keep going, because I've seen you around and you seem so so nice, so it would be a shame for you to not be happy. You're such a wonderful person, okay?

If you find yourself feeling unhappy, remember there are various ways to get help on the site, and I'm sure you're aware of them. I'm also very happy for you to contact me through PM and ask for help. It shows courage, not weakness, to give up something you feel it is hard to live without. Believe me, I have so much faith in you to turn yourself around and get back on track, and I'm sure you will do it as you're strong and beautiful, no matter what anyone else says. Keep your chin up, and remember, there's always something else you could be doing to stop yourself from cutting.

Take care.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
01love Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lena

Re: My mum saw my teenhelp emails - April 4th 2011, 08:34 PM

Hello Melissa! First of all, don't be too hard on yourself about a slip-up. SH is an addiction, and like any addictive behaviour, it is difficult to stop. It's admirable that you're trying to stop. You're doing the right thing, so keep trying, you'll get this!

About the situation with your mother, I think it would be the best if you opened up to her. If your mom knows there's something wrong and she hasn't brought it up with you yet, then she is probably waiting for you to come to her first so she could help you. If she saw this website, then that's a good start! Yes, that means she knows that you are experiencing a problem, but it also means that she knows you're looking for help. She knows that you want to get better! Quitting SH is a difficult thing to do, so a little bit of help from your mom might help you out (:

I hope all the best for you, if there's ever anything, I'm just a PM away (:

Last edited by 01love; April 4th 2011 at 10:35 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Re: My mum saw my teenhelp emails - April 4th 2011, 08:41 PM

I'm sorry that she found out that way. I'm very sad that you relapsed but I know how you feel. My dad found out I cut myself after 2 years of not doing it and he was so upset at me! I know how you feel but don't feel down or stupid, you slipped, you made a mistake, but you WILL get back to not doing it. I promise!

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

Closed Thread