TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

never even dreamed I would resort to this :( - April 7th 2011, 05:21 PM

Everything that has been happening in the last few months has been just crazy! it's like out of nowhere a whole bunch of things happen at once and it's like a nightmare it feels unreal and you hope you will wake up and everything will be normal again. I feel like I have been living in a dream world nothing is real. and then today it all just HITS me and everything IS real its NOT going to go away and i just cant take it. i completely lost it. and i cant believe i did this never thought i would come to this but i did i have gone so far down and i cut i was so angry and sad and a whole bunch of feelings at once i couldnt control myself i just kept doing it . :`( over and over again. and now i am afraid to let anyone know because what if they think i will be an unfit parent when i have my baby because of my STUPID slip up! i hate myself i cant do anything right. sorry everybody for ranting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: never even dreamed I would resort to this :( - April 7th 2011, 06:36 PM

Hey Blue,

Don't be so hard on yourself, everybody has slip-ups sometimes, and they are always going to seem really hard at the time. The fact that it was a slip-up though is the great thing. That you're not continuing to do it, and you just keep doing it. You've slipped-up, and it's not something that you'd usually do so you just need to accept that you did, and focus on recovering from that moment, and just refraining from it again.

They happen to all of us, and it's only a mistake. You and I both know that you are stronger than what happened. Sometimes anger and frustration can bring out the worst in us.

In case you feel that way again, definitely look into some alternatives so that you'll be better prepared.

It's okay, don't be so hard on yourself.

If you ever want to talk more, just message me.
I'm always open to talking.

-Kaylaaa Marie.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Re: never even dreamed I would resort to this :( - April 8th 2011, 09:40 PM

The thing is... I KNOW it's bad and I KNOW I shouldn't do it. i definitely KNOW that I SHOULD stop but I just CAN'T because I LIKE it and I have mixed feelings about it but I did it again.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: never even dreamed I would resort to this :( - April 10th 2011, 09:31 AM

Hi Blue.

In this case, what your head knows is bad for you and what your feelings say is good for you are at odds with each other. But I think if you look deep down in your heart, it will tell you that it's wrong too. Having mixed feelings is natural; many people are ambivalent towards self harm, swinging from one extreme to the other.

Why don't you try and make a list of all the reasons you shouldn't self harm? Doing that, and then looking at it whenever you feel like self harming, can help.

Also, I'd encourage you to look at our list of alternatives to self harm. Remember that not every one will work for you, or in every situation, and it's a matter of finding out what does work rather that being discourage by what doesn't.

Good luck with everything.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: never even dreamed I would resort to this :( - April 11th 2011, 02:21 AM

Hey,
Okay so I'm gonna tell u something that I hope helps

You are EXACTLY where I was about a half a year ago... And I know how u feel. It's so wrong but somehow u just WANT it more, because it Works. But I should prepare u for what's next... U get addicted. I can't tell u how much u NEED to stop. Throw whatever ur using away and call ppl when u want to. Stop this before u get overwhelmed.

Sorry, it's just... I don't want u to go through what I have gone through.

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

Closed Thread