TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 7th 2011, 07:54 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I pulled the blades out of two different razors and I've only thrown away two of the blades... gave them to two of my friends and told them, "No matter what I say, do not give this back to me." They agreed and I haven't seen them since.
Anyway, I still have, like, six or seven more... And my friend knows I cut myself with them in class... he watched me do it... and he told me, "I know I don't have the power to stop you, but I want you to know that I know you don't need these razor blades, and I hope you make the right choices. Cutting yourself is not the right choice." He's so sweet, but it hurt to hear him say that.
I don't want to throw the razor blades away because I know as soon as I do I'm gonna want them back. I hate myself for saying that... I know it's the right thing to do, but I'm addicted to self-harming and I don't know HOW to get rid of them without wanting them back... What do you guys think I should do??????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 7th 2011, 10:18 PM

Someone, please tell me what I should do. I don't know what else to do...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeeAnn_Angela Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 7th 2011, 10:21 PM

I know it's hard, but getting rid of them is a really important step when you're ready to do it. I would suggest asking someone you trust to go with you, and then throwing them in a dumpster or trash can far away. I hope everything turns out okay <3333
  Send a message via Yahoo to DeeAnn_Angela  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 7th 2011, 10:26 PM

Thanks... I appreciate it...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 7th 2011, 10:34 PM

well take baby steps even though im on the road to quitting i still have the razors i cut with i put a locked it in a box and usaully by the time i find the key and open it i dont want to i thought it over take it slow first try to quit then when ur ready throw them away im here you can always pm me alrigh

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
echokay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Echo

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 8th 2011, 02:50 AM

its going to be tough, but this is an important step. it sounds like you got a really good support group of friends that can help you through this. you are not alone (:
  Send a message via Skype™ to echokay 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 8th 2011, 02:40 PM

im in recovery when i stop i didnt stop completely all in one go i stop gradely try cutting less and less and with the blades i suggest you bury them in a park or some woods that way you can find them again and if you do want to do it and need to see blood then draw a red line on you arm and ping it with a rubber band and that should help you if they keep snapping use a hair band ok there a many other ways to stop this is just one so good luck and feel free to pm me

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 10th 2011, 09:48 AM

Hey Kyra.

It sounds like you have very caring friends, who want to help you. Have you tried talking to them about this? They can't help unless you let them, and I really think you should. You don't deserve to feel like this.

Your friend was right to say that cutting isn't the right thing to do. And I think you know that. But there's a difference between knowing that and being ready to act on that knowledge.

Maybe you don't have to throw them away. I gather that they're sort of like a safety net for you, and to get rid of them entirely would be incredibly scary, and probably uncomfortable. What I did when I stopped was to gather all the tools I used to self harm and lock them in a box. That way they were there, and I could use them if I really wanted to, but the fact they were locked made me hesitate when I felt the urge to self harm, because I'd look at it and go, 'Oh, yes, I want to stop, and there are reasons for that'. Maybe you could do something similar?

There's no easy way to recovery. It's a path full of doubts, questions, and confusion. But at the end? There's happiness, strength, and security. Do you really want to be self harming all your life? If you don't, you're going to have to stop at some point. And if that's so, why not now? There'll never be a perfect time, so it may as well be now, right?

One thing you may like to think about is why you feel like you need to self harm in the first place. Figuring out the reason behind the action can be the key to stopping. If you deal with the actual issue, you won't need to self harm anymore. You could try talking it through with someone - like a friend or counsellor - or even just writing it in a journal. Whatever works for you.

I wish you all the best.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 10th 2011, 11:31 AM

Quitting is tough, as with any kind of addiction. But if you have the will power, you have the ability to stop it. You're strong, and I know you can do this. Keep your head up and stay tough, and good things will happen, I know it. PM me if you need to talk

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#10 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 12th 2011, 07:57 PM

(: Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments... I think I'm going to throw them away because I'm really bad at keeping self-control and not giving into temptation... which basically means if I have them in my possession, I'm going to use them... I asked my friend if he would go with me to trash them. Do you guys think it's a good idea?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 12th 2011, 10:07 PM

I trashed them(: All by myself(: I feel so proud of myself!!!!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
echokay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Echo

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 12th 2011, 10:37 PM

good job! you should feel ever so proud!
  Send a message via Skype™ to echokay 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 13th 2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslonely View Post
I trashed them(: All by myself(: I feel so proud of myself!!!!
That's amazing! Well done. It's definitely a step in the right direction, and I hope your recovery continues to go this well.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't want to throw away my razor... - April 13th 2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks(: I used them before I threw them away yesterday, but it really wasn't too bad, in my opinion. I still count it though. It was 5 days "clean", per se, before yesterday, and today starts the countdown: 1 day and counting(:

Closed Thread