TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ghost_16 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Need to cut... - April 8th 2011, 11:53 AM

I don't really know where to start. Hmm, It's been a very very long time since I cut. But, I feel like I'm in such a dark place right now. I need to cut, I don't know what to do. I can't tell the people who care about me, they'll just get mad at me, say the things they'd typicaly say "Why the *^&$ do you to this, I thought you stoped that?, Why should we help you if you don't wana help yourself?" blah blah blah... Hurtfull words. The only person who I'd consider telling would proboly not talk to me for like a month if I told her. *sigh* I'm traped... I need a release, I need to cut.

Last edited by Palmolive; April 8th 2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Need to cut... - April 8th 2011, 02:00 PM

you dont need to cut trust me i know its addicting and you think it will help but it wount you will only have a moment of what feels like being free from the pain and suffering but it makes it worse and when my mum found out i cut myself she didnt shout or anything she wanted me to go doctors and get it sorted out they might be like that and if not go to the docs yourself and see if they can help you ok i know how you feel im in the place right now

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ghost_16 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Need to cut... - April 8th 2011, 07:51 PM

Docotors... ha... I are some things I wish I never did in my life and somethings I wish I still had that I no longer do. If you really want to know more PM me cause I don't wana put a long useless post in here. I have a long past with doctors at any rate.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Need to cut... - April 8th 2011, 08:58 PM

Hey,

Doctors are there to help, I'd suggest talking to them, letting them know how it makes you feel. It doesn't matter if you slip up, it happens at times.

feel free to PM me anytime if you need a chat.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Need to cut... - April 8th 2011, 09:27 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry that things are rough for you right now and you have found yourself trapped in this really viscous cycle.

Doctors are there to help and I am sorry that you've had bad experiences with your doctors in the past but you can't let that set you back from getting support now. You have to at least try. And if not, try talking a a nurse, a teacher, a school counselor/nurse or even a helpline. Because people can help you. They're are people out there who can and will help you but you have to reach out to them. They can't help you if they don't know what's going on.

I know things are rough for you right now but they can get better and you don't have to be alone. You won't always feel like this. It won't always be this way. Things can and they will get better for you it's just going to be hard work and take time but you can get there.

Stay strong.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ghost_16 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Need to cut... - April 10th 2011, 02:36 AM

I don't know... I'm just being stupid, I don't know why I wanted to cut but It's just stupid. I think about it now and think, I'm not consirnd that I want to cut it's that I don't know why I want to cut... because I got an idea in my mind and I wouldn't hesitate to cut if I knew why... In fact now I want to cut for a reason and I know why. I guess I'm not afraid of cutting, just the feeling of wanting to cut for nothing? gah sorry this must be confuseing and it's just stupid anyway

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
"This is all for you."

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Need to cut... - April 10th 2011, 08:49 AM

Hey Chris.

I don't think you're being stupid. You're reaching out for help, and I happen to think that that's pretty smart. The thing with self harm is that if you do it for long enough, sometimes there doesn't need to be a trigger that makes you want to do it. The thought of it is a trigger in itself. You want to do it for the sake of doing it, not because there's any logical reason behind it. I know how that feels, but I also know that it's possible to beat urges like that.

Have you had a look at our list of distractions? They can help when you feel the need to self harm.

I think something that might help is writing in a journal. If you feel like you can't talk to someone, writing about it can be helpful. You could even write people letters, if you have something to say to them; you don't have to send the letters - writing them should be a release in itself.

Again, this is not stupid. You're struggling, and what's going on is important to you. If it makes you feel this way, it's important; and therefore it's important to me too, because I want to help.

Take care.

it's a whisper turned a battle cry
we're still here 'cause we refuse to die

Closed Thread