TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

i thought i was done - April 11th 2011, 03:16 AM

i really just need to get my thoughts out about this. It had been nearly two months since i had cut last. I was doing really good. i was going to be able to go swimming and wear shorts this summer. But in 15 seconds i ruined that. I ruined my two months of progress and my freedom for the summer. I actually was thinking that i was finally done cutting. i seriously thought that i would never do it again. i dont even know what happened.

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tirevo92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lynn

Re: i thought i was done - April 11th 2011, 08:04 AM

dont be too hard on yourself<3 it's a hard thing to stop cold turkey
it'll get better though, keep working at it! you're doing good (:
even at 10+ months i still get the random urge, but its easier to ignore as time goes on
stay strong xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: i thought i was done - April 11th 2011, 08:38 AM

Hey Lola,

First of all, two months is brilliant, you should be proud of yourself. Everyone makes mistake when trying to stop so don't be too hard of yourself. Just learn from this and keep trying, you can do it, i know you can!
Stay strong beautiful, feel free to PM me if you need anything, i'm always happy to listen.

Take care, stay strong
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: i thought i was done - April 11th 2011, 10:29 AM

Hey Lola.

Getting your thoughts out is a good idea. Have you ever tried keeping a journal? That can also be a great way to get your thoughts out, sort through them, even deal with them.

Anyway. I think it's great you went almost two months without self harm. Sorry to hear that you slipped up, but, keep in mind, that's all it is. A slip up. This isn't the end of the road, merely a bump along the way. It doesn't have to be the end of your recovery. If you just work through it and get past it, it doesn't have to be a complete relapse. You can still recover.

Do you want to talk about what caused you to self harm? Knowing your triggers can help you recover, because you can either avoid or deal with them. And talking it through can help you figure out what went wrong, and how to fix it.

Take care.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

Re: i thought i was done - April 11th 2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhe. View Post
Hey Lola.

Getting your thoughts out is a good idea. Have you ever tried keeping a journal? That can also be a great way to get your thoughts out, sort through them, even deal with them.

Anyway. I think it's great you went almost two months without self harm. Sorry to hear that you slipped up, but, keep in mind, that's all it is. A slip up. This isn't the end of the road, merely a bump along the way. It doesn't have to be the end of your recovery. If you just work through it and get past it, it doesn't have to be a complete relapse. You can still recover.

Do you want to talk about what caused you to self harm? Knowing your triggers can help you recover, because you can either avoid or deal with them. And talking it through can help you figure out what went wrong, and how to fix it.

Take care.
What's sad is, my best friend is my biggest trigger, and he doesn't even realize.

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i thought i was done - April 11th 2011, 09:03 PM

Hey there.

Going two months with out self harming is an amazing accomplishment and is definitely something you should be proud of yourself for. Its a true inspiration.

Truth is recovery from self harm isn't easy, it's not suppose to be easy. You don't just quit one day and never do it or again or never have the thoughts and urges. Recovery isn't about being fine and never struggling with it again. You relapsed and so what? That's okay. It's not about relapsing, it's about you picking yourself back up and starting over. This doesn't make you weak or not capable of living a life with out self harm because you can.

Just stay strong because you ARE worth so much.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: i thought i was done - April 13th 2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola jonson View Post

What's sad is, my best friend is my biggest trigger, and he doesn't even realize.
Do you want to elaborate on this? How does he trigger you?

If he's doing it unintentionally, have you considered talking to him about it? If he doesn't know he's doing it, he's probably not going to change, but if you let him know that his actions/words/whatever it is bothers you, he might.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread