TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

The only option?! - April 12th 2011, 03:35 PM

Right now i feel like i've hit a brick wall, i'm trying so hard to stop SH but i'm struggling the urges are so strong all of the time.
I tried to tell my friends i was Bi yesterday as it is something they should know.T hey laughed and then started shouting it out, taking the p**s, one of them then looked at me and said "oh you are serious?", i did a fake laugh and said no, and everyone carried on as usual. I hate hiding behind fake smiles and pretending to be someone that i'm not. I feel so alone, like i'm not accepted at school or home.
I can't deal with this anymore, the urges are so strong lately, i want to cut and OD constantly lately, and i don't know where to draw the line to stop trying alternatives; i can't use them constantly.

I feel bad for posting here, and i'm not really sure what i'm asking for; some advice and opinions i guess. Thanks.

Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

Last edited by Palmolive; April 12th 2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: The only option?! - April 12th 2011, 03:51 PM

Hey Charli.

I am really sorry that you're going through this because you definately don't deserve it. I honestly don't know what to say to make you feel better. I don't think there is anything I can say to make it any easier either. If I could take away your pain and make it all okay again then I really would. More than anything. And although I can't I do know that things won't be this way for you for ever. That things can and they will get better. In time and with a lot of hard work, you won't feel you need self harm. You can become self harm free and live a life with out it. It's not going to be easy getting there but if it was then you wouldn't learn anything from it. It's all about the journey. All of this is going to make you see the world in a different light, it's going to help you get happiness out of the smallest things and it's going to be make you a stronger person. You ARE worth so much more than self harm. And I know you might not believe me when I say that but you really are. You honestly don't deserve any more pain than what you are already going through now. You don't deserve it at all.

Of course I am going to encourage you to use the distractions. Especially when you feel really bad. And if things get past that 'bad stage' and you start to feel really unsafe then ring a helpline. I know contacting helplines can be really scary but these people are there to help you. They are doing their job or volunteering because they want to help people like you, in your situation. They care about you and they want to make sure you are not alone.

I know things are hard but they can get better. You're never alone and have so many people behind you who care and love you. You can do this, I know you can.

Stay string and keep smiling.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: The only option?! - April 12th 2011, 04:00 PM

Charli,

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've talked to you for a while now and I've seen you go through bad days, and good days, and I can say for sure, when you're upset, things aren't the same. You're such an inspirational person, and to know that even someone like you can go through things like this hurts me. You should be happy, laughing and joking like you like to, and having a good childhood, and the fact you're not isn't good.

As Jessie said, check the alternatives. The amount you use them isn't important, as longas it helps. If you go years using them, then go years, it shouldn't matter if that's what you're doing, just as long as you're not hurting yourself. Keep trying hard, because I know you can do it. You're strong and you're beautiful, and the longer you go the easier it will get, I assure you. One day you'll look back and be so proud of yourself for posting asking for help, and for taking the advice you're given. You'll be proud of stopping yourself from SH, and thus you will feel so much better about yourself.

I want you to always remember how special you are. You go out of your way to make sure I know, so never ever forget it yourself. You're such an amazing person, and for that, you've made many friends here. You have the ability to change moods and put a smile on someones face, and you should use it to help yourself aswell. I know you like helping people, but never forget that you need you time as well. Take some time away from things just to gain some relaxation, or thinking time. Get lost in your mind, it helps. Write something, or just do something that makes you smile. You need to help yourself just as much as you help other people, Charli, because if you don't, you'll feel worse.

Remember I'm always happy to listen, and you know that. I'll never stop listening as long as you need to talk. Take care gorgeous, you're beautiful, and amazing. Smile until the whole world smiles with you.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: The only option?! - April 13th 2011, 09:52 AM

Thankyou you two, you are both truely amazing <3

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11