TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tonight Offline
Average Joe

Trying to Get Help? - April 14th 2011, 02:20 AM

I'm so confused on what to do,I've been wanting to cut for quite awhile now (I'm quite surprised I haven't so far) even though I've almost gone a year SH free,but it's getting too hard to not cut.
My mom found out almost 2 years ago and didn't talk to me for days and then eventually said she was going to get me help but never did and we never talked about it after that,she would just randomly ask me to undress for her so she could see if I cut anywhere which made me really uncomfortable and gave me panic attacks (I've been dealing with sexual abuse).So now I'm afraid to talk to her about it incase she gets angry or wants me to undress infront of her again and I have social anxiety and can't talk on the phone.

I would ask my ex-boyfriend or my best friend to call but I have no idea where to even start or how to pay for it.I live in Canada so health care is free but because of stuff in my past I get really anxious and "shut down" when I have to talk to psychiatrists or psychologists,which only leaves psychotherapy and that costs money.Doesn anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

You wonder why I never smile anymore,but with broken homes come broken smiles.

Has the acidic rain burned a hole so deep,that we don't care what's beneath our feet?

I'm a freak and my best friend is a pirate-ninja-dinosaur,what a unique friendship!

My heart is so numb,that I can't feel it breaking

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Trying to Get Help? - April 14th 2011, 12:02 PM

Hi,

First of all, congratulations on going SH free for a year, you should really be proud of yourself!
I would like to go through a thread, which are the Alternatives to SelfHarm: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

It will be a good way to start when you get urges to SH again. Urges are hard to fight, but if you are determined, you can stop. Don't feel like it is impossible. Take each day as it comes.

I would suggest talking to your mother about how you feel about her making you undress in front of her. She needs to know that she's making you uncomfortable and scared. She's your mother and will understand what you have been through. You should constantly update her on how you are feeling. She needs to know, because she is only concerned about you and you can't blame her for that.

I would also suggest talking to a close friend or someone you trust about it. They can help you through it. Throw away all the temptation, i.e., the blades or anything you use to cut yourself or hurt yourself. Ask you friend/boyfriend to keep an eye on you. And constantly talk to them about how you're feeling so that they will be able to understand what you are going through.

Finally, I would suggest taking time off for yourself and doing whatever you think is fun, exiting, or relaxing. Run yourself a hot bath, let yourself lay back for a while, and do things that make you happy. A happy person is a person free from SH.

Take care of yourself! <3

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
Closed Thread