TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
InTheFlood Offline
Walking In The Sun...
I've been here a while

Name: Amelia

Nearly 4 years clear and I slipped.. - May 3rd 2011, 11:45 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I have a lot going on right now.
My dads been diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer, with just under two years to live and I'm not coping with it very well.
I hadn't cut in such a long time, but what worried me was the feeling of relief I got from it, like I forgot how good it was..
I'm scared right now because although I have people around willing to help, nothings helped like cutting has.
I don't know what to do, I don't want to tell people because they'll make me stop and right now I kind of don't want to..

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
ORIGINAL MCFLY FAN

"Another year over, and we're still together.
It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever
I know you believe me, when you look into my eyes
'Cause McFly never dies, because The Heart Never Lies!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: Nearly 4 years clear and I slipped.. - May 5th 2011, 08:23 AM

I know the feeling A;
Why don't you PM me about all of those information if you want and I can help you holistically if you get what I mean..
Hope It helps you.
Jay.

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Nearly 4 years clear and I slipped.. - May 6th 2011, 06:22 PM

Hey Amelia. Sorry to hear about your dad. It must be really hard.
I kow you'll be finding it really difficult to deal with at the moment and that you've found old golden relief from self harming again but you have to keep reminding yourself that you've not done it in four years and that one little slip up doesn't matter. Just carry on as you were before. Don't let self-harm become your coping mechanis, all over again because it'll end up taking over your life. Use whatever previous methods you have been dong over the past four years to keep your feelings and emotions under control. It will be hard doing that but it's better than self-harming a mile off. Talk to the people around you and tell them how you feel and hopefully they'll be able to help you.
I slipped up last week after a month free of cutting and it felt like it'd been ages since i'd last done it. But four years?! wow that's just amazing. Stay strong and hopefully you can beat it again.
<3 xxx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Nearly 4 years clear and I slipped.. - May 8th 2011, 10:26 AM

Hey Amelia,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It must be so difficult for you and it is a huge thing to take in. I know it might seem like life is very unfair for your dad to be terminally ill but I guess you have to make the most of the time you have left together. Spend lots of time with your dad then you will have lots of happy memories to hang on to.

I think you did amazingly well to go so long without self harm! That is a huge achievement, which you should be so proud of yourself for. You have only had a slip up and you can get back on track again. I know when you do self harm after a long time the release can feel so good. But do you really want to get back into that cycle again? It is really worth it? I think you are much stronger than self harm and don't have to go down that route again. Talk to people close to you and let them know how you feel. Don't go through this on your own because that will only make things twice as hard. People care about you and want to help so you should let them.

Stay strong.

Believe
You can do anything you want to
:-)

Closed Thread