TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cassie_Girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassandra

Question I need Help... - May 4th 2011, 03:48 AM

5 years ago I was a self-harmer. 3 years ago I stopped. 3 months ago, I started and now I can't stop. I'm covered in scars. 3 people know what I do, except they think that I stopped a month or so ago. And I don't know what to do. My parents are completely oblivious to all this. So is my boyfriend... I think I want to stop, but then again, I'm addicted to the pain. I like to see the blood run down my leg after I cut. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: I need Help... - May 4th 2011, 07:52 AM

Well first of all, welcome to TeenHelp. I see you're new here, so I hope you're finding everything you need.

I was a lot like you. I self-harmed from late middle school into mid high school, and then managed to stop myself for a few years. I can't be sure, but I would think that you re-started after something especially painful or unusual happened to you.

You know your parents better than almost anyone else, so it's up to you to decide if, when, and how you tell them about this. If you don't feel comfortable about telling them, or you don't think that they would understand it, then talk to a school counselor. If you feel you cannot do that, in the very least you should try to talk to a friend. You mention that there are three people who already know about this, and I assume that they're your friends. You shouldn't be afraid to talk to them more about this, because chances are fairly good that they want to help you in any way that they know how.

Self harm is somewhat like an addiction. The more you do it, the harder it becomes to stop doing it. But the title of your thread shows me that you already know almost exactly what you want and need to do about it (that you need help); it tells me that perhaps you simply don't know how to go about it. Don't worry about feeling awkward, uncomfortable or shaky when you're asking anyone for help about this. Once you've made up your mind on how you want to fix this, all you need to do is concentrate on that until you've done it.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you need anything else or have any questions at all.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread