TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
katie4evrr1 Offline
Love <3 You
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Exclamation Burning need... in class? - May 7th 2011, 02:52 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I almost did it, i could feel the burning need to cut and bleed right there.
I almost burst into tears with the pain I was suffering through. I didn't know how to control it. I was never really bad at cutting and i stopped after my first time. But idk the need just came.
I have always had horrible mood swings and I had suddenly gone in to a very sad, upset mood. All I could think about is how ugly I am, how nothing would change it, how no guy would notice, how much i just wanted to slice my wrist right there...
Im nearly in tears now cause i can't believe the thoughts I had. I just can't handle how my mind is always turning. Ill be in a moment of pure ecstasy and then ill drop like a rock. Im getting tested for BiPolar but im afraid I wont get on medication soon enough and something .... bad.... will happen.
I just want to know how others get through it, how am i supposed to control my sudden urge/trigger ? I need help..

Remember, The steeper the hill... The better the veiw in the end <3
Without Love Im always gonna be lost aren't I?

Your only mad 'cause I'm stronger now and you can't push me around

My Daddy once told me I was to weak to accomplish my dream, so I did it . . .

NEVER take life too seriously,
nobody gets out alive anyway ...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Burning need... in class? - May 7th 2011, 05:06 AM

Hey Katie.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like this. Nobody deserves to feel this bad. Fortunately, there are some things you can do.

First, understand your triggers. What made you feel like you needed to hurt yourself? How can you avoid or deal with it? Here's a list of alternatives you might like to try. Some may or may not work, depending on the situation - for example, you can't exactly jump up and down, scream very loudly, or wax your legs during class, but you can scribble on a piece of paper, draw on yourself, or notice black and white thinking.

It sounds like you may have low self-esteem, which is a problem many people face. There are some things you can do to try and make yourself feel better. You can write a list of things you like about yourself, or get someone else to write what they like about you; you can listen to inspiring music; you can stick motivational quotes or posters around your room. Know that you are talented, beautiful, and worth so much more than this.

I know that sometimes it can feel like crying is a weak or silly thing to do, but it can really help, so, if you're in a place where you'd be comfortable letting the tears flow, why not? You may well feel better afterwards.

I hope you feel better soon.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

Closed Thread