TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Unhappy hate these urges :( - May 11th 2011, 10:24 PM

Really struggling today. It's one month and one week and the urge is just so strong! I know I can't go back to that, I can't be dealing with fresh cuts again. I just want these urges to go away

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: hate these urges :( - May 11th 2011, 11:46 PM

When I feel this way, I remember how good it felt when I was SH free for 2 years. I promise you, when the urges go away, you will feel amazing. Show yourself that you are strong, and that you can overcome this. I promise that you will feel so much better without SH. Please stay strong.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#3 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: hate these urges :( - May 12th 2011, 12:49 AM

I really can't do this
I really need help to get through this! I've tried distracting myself but it's just not working anymore

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: hate these urges :( - May 12th 2011, 01:17 AM

Yes you can do it. Just keep sayin no to the urges. Have you tried the alternitives th suggests? I know at least a few of em help me. I know exercise is a good one. Im here for ya if you need a friend to talk to about it. Be strong

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: hate these urges :( - May 12th 2011, 01:38 AM

Thanks. I don't even know what's wrong, the urges are just getting so bad tonight. I'm so tired but I can't sleep. I'm supposed to have my first session with my new counsellor tomorrow but I'm absolutely terrified of talking. That sounds really stupid, staying quiet obviously isn't helping me but I honestly don't know what to tell her.
Kind of gone off on one a bit there, but at least it distracts me for 30seconds. I don't think these urges go away. And I can't even talk to anyone irl about it
I'm so glad people here understand how hard it is.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: hate these urges :( - May 12th 2011, 02:19 AM

Aw well if it makes ya feel better i never talked to my councilors either. They finally jus gave up, which i was happy about cuz i didnt like therapy. But now i kinda wish i had a professional to talk to. I guess it just has to be the right time for you, you hav to want their help. But dont feel shy to share ur problems with them, they wont judge, they just wanna help u get better. Either way ull still hav us here on TH

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#7 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Re: hate these urges :( - May 12th 2011, 03:06 AM

You can do it. You may believe that there is no other way, and that the best option is to cut, but don't do it. I felt those same exact urges and was very serious about doing it. But I took a step back and thought to myself "How is this going to affect me emotionally, and how is it going to affect the people around me?"and I just said No. I know that you can do it, don't give up fighting!!

If you ever need to talk, I'm here to PM!

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

(#8 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: hate these urges :( - May 12th 2011, 07:26 AM

Thanks everyone, feeling so much better this morning

(#9 (permalink)) Old
lashelle95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: naomi

Re: hate these urges :( - May 13th 2011, 07:54 PM

Im sorry to hear that, um i started cutting when i was in 6th grade i stopped (until lately) and yeah i still urges im not gonna lie and tell you that as you keep living theyll stop but when you can pick up a knife , or whatever you use to cut and you dont have urges ,then you know that you have stopped for good.

-wish you best of luck xoxo naomi

Closed Thread