TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stolen_dreamer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lei

Exclamation fuck - March 9th 2009, 02:15 AM

i dont want to be here anymore. I hate myself. Im pushing everyone away. I shouldn't want to hurt myself as badly as i do.
  Send a message via AIM to stolen_dreamer Send a message via Yahoo to stolen_dreamer Send a message via Skype™ to stolen_dreamer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: fuck - March 9th 2009, 02:19 AM

Hey Lei, what's going on to make you feel this way right now? Anything in particular?
& Have you tried distracting yourself from your urge to self harm? What do you usually do when you get urges?
If you need to talk I'm here. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
stolen_dreamer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lei

Re: fuck - March 9th 2009, 02:25 AM

I just cant to my best frind ive been doing stuff im shamed of and none of it worked out and no one's talking to me and its dumb
  Send a message via AIM to stolen_dreamer Send a message via Yahoo to stolen_dreamer Send a message via Skype™ to stolen_dreamer 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: fuck - March 9th 2009, 02:31 AM

Well, I'm sorry about whatever's going on to hurt you so much, but do you really think that self harm is the right way out of it? It only causes you more pain in the end, later on, when you wished you would have never done it. It's not worth the relief you feel for just a second, because it causes so much more pain and only stores it up for later, as I'm sure you have experienced. If you want to self harm because of some person who has hurt you, do you really think whoever that is is worth it? I bet you are a strong person, and I know you can get through this, without self harm.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WordNerd
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lindsay

Re: fuck - March 9th 2009, 03:41 AM

you always got ppl on here if you need us. you can do it. i know how hard sh is to recover from but you can do it pm me if you want to talk. i will do my best to help.

"If you are going to tell the truth, be funny, or they'll kill you."
-Billy Wilder

My tumblr is mydalekromance.tumblr.com please visit me there.

feel free to contact me anytime.
Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to llamasliketoparty  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: fuck - March 9th 2009, 04:53 AM

Hey Lei.

Hurting yourself, it's never a good thing - but why do you feel you shouldn't want to hurt yourself? Why do you think it's not ok to feel this way? I'm not saying urges are good, and that SH is good but, you're the only one who can decide how you should and shouldn't feel. It shouldn't matter what anyone else says, you can't change the way you think and feel and it's ok to feel a certain way.

We all do things we're ashamed of. We all make mistakes. The point of mistakes is to look back on them later, and learn from them. Mistakes help you to grow as a person, without them we wouldn't be us.

Why do you think you're pushing people away? Is there a specific reason, do you think? By figuring out the causes to your actions, it can be easier to change those actions you aren't particularly thrilled with. When you know your triggers, and what causes you to want to self harm, you can work around them and try to eliminate them from your life. That being said - do you know what's triggering you now, to want to self harm? Do you know what's causing you to feel this way?

Something to consider would be talking to someone about this - like a teacher or a school guidance counselor, a friend, even your parents. You aren't alone with any of this and having that extra bit of support can make a huge difference. It's always easier when you have someone you can fall back on for help and support, someone you can go to when you're struggling.

Self-harm is an addiction and addictions can take time to overcome but that doesn't mean it's not possible to overcome them. You can fight this and you can beat it. It might take some time and patience, and it might not be easy - but that doesn't mean it's not possible. You can do anything you set your mind to. Let me know if you ever need anything, ok? Take care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: fuck - March 9th 2009, 06:06 AM

you don't need to hurt yourself...don't we're here for you if you need us.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
Closed Thread