TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

I feel so lost - May 19th 2011, 07:26 PM

I'm supposed to be stopping cutting, I've gone nearly 3 weeks. I can't do it anymore though. It's too much. I want to hurt myself. I want to rip my face off and tear myself limb from limb. The longer I go without self harm, the more I want it and the worse it is when I eventually do cave in and do it. I don't know who I am anymore. I hate who I've become. I'm lost and confused and alone and I don't know what to do. Someone save me, please?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: I feel so lost - May 19th 2011, 08:53 PM

heya..Im so sorry you are struggling at the moment.

My advice is well look on alternatives page in this self harm forum...

Also something that is keeping me going at the moment is on a claender on my computer I am writing at the end of every single day I write hw many days it has been. Just the number of days nothing else...this has really helped me as I fill with self pride when I realise how well I am doing. Also worte in a notebook every time you get an urge just stating how you are feeling, why you want to hurt yourself, where and what triggered you... this will help you in the long term learn about yourself and realise the things in your life that have made self harm your escape root.. this understanding will really help in the long term.

Hope that is helpful....message me anytime
X

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I feel so lost - May 19th 2011, 09:19 PM

Thankyou for the reply. I caved in and cut, a lot. Not particularly deep, but a lot of times. I'm keeping a mood diary for my social worker. I think I need to be referred to a psychiatrist again though, but I don't know how to ask. I just wish I didn't hate myself so much, things would be easier then, I might be able to actually accept help.
Edit: I want to cut again, it wasn't enough. I want to cut so deep that I see the vein like I did last time, but I want to keep going now and cut so deep that I just keep bleeding and I die.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I feel so lost - May 19th 2011, 11:26 PM

Aww hunni I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time atm
I really wish I could help you and make you feel better! Please don't cut even deeper hun, I'm actually really worried about. I agree it may be a good idea to be referred to a psychiatrist again. Who did you ask about it last time? Maybe you could just hand them a note saying you want to be referred again because the sh is getting worse.
PM me any time you want to chat ok hun? xxx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: I feel so lost - May 19th 2011, 11:32 PM

Keeping a mood diary is a good thing; it can help you look back and see the patterns in your moods so you can prevent acting on them in the future. Keep up the good work.
If you haven't already asked your social worker to refer you to a psychiatrist, I would ask. It sounds like you could use more help than you are getting. Make use of those resources.

I don't know why you hate who you've become, but until you deal with those issues you are going to have trouble coping. I would talk to your social worker about them so you can really see what's going on. In addition, you may have to do some work to find alternatives to cutting for you. There's a list here in this very forum, with everything from simple, alternative activities you can do to using intense pressure or sensation to stop the urge. They won't seem as good as cutting, but they'll keep your life and relationships intact while you get help. You might slip up once in a while, but it doesn't make you a bad person. You are still wonderful, no matter what you do. Just keep on trying; you can do it.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I feel so lost - May 20th 2011, 07:05 AM

Last time, it was when I was living at uni. My doctor referred me to a cpn for an initial assessment and she referred me to a psychiatrist and a counsellor. When I moved back here my new doctor didn't think I needed to see anyone anymore. It's only since I overdosed in january that I got referred to the social worker. I'm sick of having to fight for help. I'm on the highest dose of anti depressants that my doctor can give me and they're clearly not enough. Everyone seems to have given up on trying to diagnose me so I'm stuck with "atypical depressive episode", but surely if I had a proper diagnosis it would help them to know what help to give me?

Closed Thread