TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
glowReUuh Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: gloria

Unhappy scars and tears - May 26th 2011, 06:07 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i hate myself for what i did this weak, i let myself go... after over a year i cut... it knew i was wrong when i grabbed the blade but i couldnt help myself. I needed to. i feel weak still from that day.... the pain jus i dont know, i hate that i did it... i tried to fight it for so long thses past few weeks.... but now all im left with is new scars and old tears,,,

- glow

~Peace, Love, & Butterflies~

cut free since Dec 11' 파이팅! ^-^

Last edited by glowReUuh; May 26th 2011 at 06:16 AM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to glowReUuh 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: scars and tears - May 26th 2011, 10:21 AM

Don't too upset with yourself for what happened because you can't change the past but you can deal with it. Sometimes people who Self Harm can go for years with out doing it but when something happens it triggers old habbits so you will go back to something you know will help you through different emotions. Do you know what made you want to cut? or what happened just before you cut? Don't hate that you did it be happy that you recognised that it wasn't the best of things you could have done in that situation and that you didn't like what you did, from there you can make yourself better...and if you want to stop again you can because you didn't like what you did. Maybe start by trying to think about what the old tears were aboutand deal with them...sometimes the past becomes the present because you haven't dealt with the bad things. Please PM me if you want someone to talk to, I don't judge and I wont make you say or do anything you don't want to do. I hope things get better for you xxxxxxxxxx

When your in danger or in harms way its no longer just your life, its everyone who you have seen, spoken to, met, shared experiences with because even if you don't think that they have had an influence on your life or made you realise something, you have probably influenced them. Your never the only one involved in your life.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: scars and tears - May 27th 2011, 05:04 PM

Hey there,

I too just recently had a relapse after going almost a year without cutting extremely deep (which is definitely a huge accomplishment for me) I really want to encourage you not to beat yourself up over this relapse. The thing is that when you beat yourself up over a relapse it tends to make things worse and it might make your urges to cut worse and harder to fight and you might end up succumbing to those urges again. Instead of looking at yourself as weak try reminding yourself that you went a whole year without self harm and that is a huge accomplishment. Also remember that relapses are a part of recovery and when one happens you can learn from it and move on but don't let this bring you down. You are stronger than the self harm and you are most definitely stronger than any relapse that comes your way.

If you ever need to chat feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread