TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Unhappy Addictive or what? - May 29th 2011, 05:54 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, so at the moment I'm staying at my godmothers house, and i can't sleep. So I'm walking around and I walk into the kitchen and see the block of knifes just sitting there. I think to myself: "No, no, don't do it. You promised that you wouldn't again." Also the last time I cut my arm, my godmother flipped out on me and told me that I had to go to therapy or something. (Still haven't) But the other part of me was saying "Do it. You know how much you want to. No one will know. And it's so satisfying to watch the blood poor out." So, the evil side of me took over and I did it. (Getting completely frustrated when the knives were too dull to cut to the depth i wanted to) And while I was doing it, i got all jittery. The kind of jittery when you are nervous to go on a rollercoaster or something like that. It wasn't from loss of blood or anything cuz I barely lost any. So I thought it was almost like a drug. I always feel awful after i've done it, but i feel amazing when its going on. Does anyone have any idea whats going on here? Is cutting addictive? Also, is there any good way to cover up the after affects???

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Addictive or what? - May 29th 2011, 08:12 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you're going through this, and well done for trying to stop even though this time you slipped up a bit. Don't let that put you off! To answer your question, yes, it can be addictive. This doesn't mean you can't stop though, it simply means its a bit harder. Again, don't let that put you off! You're strong and you can totally do this. Perhaps seeing someone like suggested would be a good idea. It may help you find ways to stop. Also, if you havn't already, I'd suggest you check out the SH alternatives shown here: http://www.teenhelp.org/alternatives

If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me at any time. Remember, you're not alone with this and nothing should stop you trying to get better. Not all of those alternatives will work, but if you keep trying, you're bound to find one that will. I wish you all the best.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread