TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Unhappy Self harm - June 2nd 2011, 01:25 AM

I really want to self harm. It is all I can do right now. Theres so much going on from bullying, to family issues, to assault, and threats. I am being threatened by people. I can't handle any of this anymore so self harming will be the best thing to do. No one would care if I self harmed. I just want someone to understand what i am going through. I don't know what to do. I think that if I self harm then it will make everything all better. I feel really depressed, upset, sad, lonely, unloved and worthless.

I think that I am UGLY, stupid, a loser, a loner, and a FAILURE!! I have really low self esteem and all of these things put together is not helping. I can't stop thinking negative because of all they negativity in my life.

My friends call me really mean names and so do my siblings. My parents also call me a failure. All of these people think that they can hurt other people. People are really hurting me and I think that it's time for me to self harm.

I was assaulted by someone. I am really scared and I think that it is all my fault. I tryed stopping him but it didnt work.

All I want is for someone to listen and understand and not push me away like my friends do when I try talking to them. I think if I self harm then they will all be happy!!

Everything that is going on is all my FAULT!!

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Self harm - June 2nd 2011, 01:48 AM

I do understand and I am listening. I will not push you away.
Being assaulted was 100% not your fault.
Self harming will only make things worse for you, not better.
I am here for you. Maybe we can talk things through to try to help you feel better?
You can get through this and you will feel better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Re: Self harm - June 2nd 2011, 01:50 AM

If its not my fault then why do people say it is??
Can we talk things through?
Either tomorrow or something

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Self harm - June 2nd 2011, 01:53 AM

Nobody should be saying that it is your fault, because it's not.
Yes i am definitely willing to talk things through with you. I'll be online for a while tonight if you want to talk, or tomorrow if that's better.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: Self harm - June 4th 2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudent19 View Post
I do understand and I am listening. I will not push you away.
Being assaulted was 100% not your fault.
Self harming will only make things worse for you, not better.
I am here for you. Maybe we can talk things through to try to help you feel better?
You can get through this and you will feel better.
This is right. Its not your fault at all and you shouldn't think that it is.
If you need anything at all then i am always here <3

xxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxx

If you ever need ANYTHING just ask (:
Feel Free to leave me a message anytime:
VmPM

I won't let you close enough to hurt me
help link mentor Live help operator
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brianna

Re: Self harm - June 5th 2011, 02:26 AM

I am so sorry that you're going through all of this. Please understand it's not your fault. No matter what people say, it's not your fault. A lot of the time, people don't want to take the blame for what's going on, so blaming it on someone else seems to make it better. If you need someone to talk/vent to you can PM me. I won't push you away and I understand what it feels like to have all of these negative thoughts about yourself. I know it's hard to talk to people when they don't understand the whole idea of these negative thoughts overwhelming you. But I find myself in that position quite a bit. So I'm willing to listen and try to help you through this.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life." --John Lennon

"What matters isn't that you fell, but that you got back up. No matter how many times it takes, it's that you get back up. We fall down and all isn't lost." --Renee Yohe

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Helper1215 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Self harm - June 7th 2011, 03:44 AM

Oh sweetheart, I wish I could just give you a big safe hug. Hun, you are not any of those things that they have told you. We care here for you. Those hurtful words are misplaced anger. Anger is not put where it is supposed to so it is thrown on those who do not deserve those hurtful labels. You are a caring sweet girl and it shows right through your posts. I know you are hurting and please know we are ready to listen to you, and im sending you many hugs. The urge to cut is very strong, but I am so proud of you, that you have reached out here. It shows you do want to heal, dont stop reaching out sweetie, the urge to cut is overcome by reaching out to friends who care for you.

<3

PM me if you need to talk

*Everyone feel free to PM me anytime if you need to talk*

Hebrews 13:16
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Self harm - June 7th 2011, 04:28 AM

None of this is your fault hon. You need to report this abuse. Tell your parents, the police, your school counselor, SOMEONE you can trust. You can't put up with this abuse forever.
As for the negativity in your life, these are only your perception because of what is going on right now. Things will get better, especially if this abuse ends are you are able to stop all of the hurtfulness around you.
PM me if you ever need

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
The secret of a soul
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me "secret"

Re: Self harm - June 8th 2011, 11:28 PM

self harm isnt the answer lovey <33 its a short term sulition that creats a long term problem <3

_xThe secret of a soul ;;
So if you love me, let me go. And run away before I know.

My heart is just too dark to care. I can't destroy what isn't there. Deliver me into my Fate - If I'm alone I cannot hate, I don't deserve to have you, My smile was taken long ago, If I can change I hope I never know I still press your letters to my lips And cherish them in parts of me that savor every kiss I couldn't face a life without your light But all of that was ripped apart, when you refused to fight

(#10 (permalink)) Old
macmac1919 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melissa

Re: Self harm - June 13th 2011, 12:47 AM

Pleeaasseeee DON'T harm yourself. I made the mistake of doing so, and let me tell you, it only makes things worse.
As everyone else has said, that was not your fault! And please tell someone you trust, maybe a school counselor?? I'm here if you need me too <3

Closed Thread