TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

MUM SAID "people like me make her feel sick" - June 8th 2011, 09:36 AM

i was i the bathroom razor in my hand, i highered it and placed it on my head. i shaved away layers, while i cut my hair, i shaved it way. i put the razor down and smiled. i gathered the courage to walk out of the room, i walked in to the lounger room, and showed her,
she couldnt look at me and turned to the tv and said "you make me sick ,eliza i cant even look at you"
i walked back to the bathroom took another look in the glass and stared at my hair, at what i though looked nice, i sat down and cryed.
now, all im thinking about is how much i want to die, how much people will didlike my hair and think im sickenning. no way any of you are stopping me im going back to the bathroom now, piersing me nose my self and than sitting in the bottom of the shower with a razor blade i took out of a razor months ago. !

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kendall Ann Offline
Kendall Ann
Not a n00b

Name: Kendall

Re: MUM SAID "people like me make her feel sick" - June 8th 2011, 09:47 AM

Self harm is never the answer. Don't worry about your moms opinion, maybe ask a friend. Is all of your hair gone? You can think of a good way to style it if not, and if so it'll grow back. Self harm is never the answer. Maybe write or draw what your feeling or what you want to do but self harm is never the answer. Stay strong, I believe in you. PM me anytime

Don't let anyone say you're not beautiful, stay true to you!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: MUM SAID "people like me make her feel sick" - June 8th 2011, 09:51 AM

Hi Eliza-Grace!!

"Now, all im thinking about is how much i want to die......."

The world is a tough place for a person who has an independent spirit. You're going to have to get used to being rejected [On one level or another - by one person or another] OR learn to conform. But let me tell you something - as far as I am concerned 'conform' is a 4 letter word!

BE YOURSELF and let others be who THEY are. If someone doesn't 'approve of you' - that's OK. Oh I know - it can HURT when someone - especially someone we love - says something negative about us - but that STILL doesn't take away your right to be YOU.

Let me quote your OWN signature.

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

AMEN TO THAT!!!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: MUM SAID "people like me make her feel sick" - June 8th 2011, 10:16 AM

It's just hair. It grows back (unless you're an old guy, which I'm assuming you're not :P ). I have to say that you should refrain from piercing your own nose, that can be extremely dangerous to do yourself and if it's done wrong you don't want to end up having a nasty scar on your face. Cutting is never the answer either. I agree with Craig, cutting is never the answer but you're going to have to face rejection and comments like that in life. Especially if you aren't like everyone else.

The way I see it, there are a few options. You can be exactly like the majority, ignoring who you are and what you want but not have to deal with people saying things (as much). You can conform to all the non-conformists, ex. dressing and acting exactly like every other kid that hates "normal" people and STILL get comments. Or, you can just be yourself, not give a shit about what other people think, and learn to ignore the comments. The first two, you'll probably end up unhappy. You just have to be yourself, you're a teenager...remember that. So many moms act the same way when their children grow up to do stuff like that..it doesn't fit their picture of a perfect daughter. It'll get better.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: MUM SAID "people like me make her feel sick" - June 8th 2011, 10:34 AM

CanadaCriag said some smart things above. In summary... f*** them. Who's opinions in life you chose to adhere to or listen to depends on how much you respect them, and respect is earned. Everyone's, including your parents'. And it takes time and maturity to get used to being "the odd one out", but you get there eventually, and it's a good and genuine feeling.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: MUM SAID "people like me make her feel sick" - June 8th 2011, 10:50 AM

Hey there,

I think Craig said it very well, you WILL face rejection at some point in your life, it is inevitable, but it is how you handling that rejection that helps to build you as a person. Don't let it get you down, learn from it and let it make you a stronger person. As long as you like who you are and you are proud of you, then other people's opinions don't matter - even though i know they can hurt sometimes.

Cutting is never the answer to anything. I know things are hard at the moment and it may feel like SH helps, but it doesn't at all. It will leave scars and make you feel worse in the long run. Maybe take a look at the alternatives thread and distract yourself next time you get any urges.
Perhaps you could talk to someone you trust about this, or even talk to your mom and let her know how you are feeling at the moment and how she made you feel, she is there to help and support you at the end of the day, not to bring you down.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want/need to talk,
Take care and stay strong,
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3