TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
turtle8493 Offline
turtle8493
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Points: 8,990, Level: 13 Points: 8,990, Level: 13 Points: 8,990, Level: 13

cutting and binging - June 11th 2011, 11:49 PM

So recently I have been trying really hard to lose weight, in healthy way by eating well and exercising . But today I can't seem to stop eating.. binging. Its been over two years since I stopped cutting myself and I really don't want to start again but the only way i feel like i can stop binging is by cutting and the only way not to cut is to binge. I just need some support and ideas for alternatives of what to do instead of cutting, and what i can do to stop these cravings. I'm really having trouble and i don't want these last two years to be for nothing.(if this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Points: 17,337, Level: 19 Points: 17,337, Level: 19 Points: 17,337, Level: 19

Re: cutting and binging - June 12th 2011, 03:12 PM

Well firstly I'm going to give you this list of alternatives to self harm, this is a massive list and you should be able to find one that helps you. By the sounds of it you know of a healthy way to lose weight, which is good and remember to stick at it! Maybe if you did some exersize now you would feel better about yourself, and it would get you out the house and make you be doing something about it! It's great that you're asking for help and not giving in, I understand the cravings are hard, but just think how proud you will feel tomorow when you've got through this! If you ever need help feel free to PM me! Xxx

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
calgary01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,524, Level: 13 Points: 8,524, Level: 13 Points: 8,524, Level: 13

Re: cutting and binging - June 13th 2011, 07:08 AM

exercise! get out and run, get out of the house and be with people. best way to stay away from both things..
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: cutting and binging - June 14th 2011, 09:24 AM

Hey there.

I am really sorry to hear that you’re struggling a lot right now. It seems as though things are really hard and I think you did really well to post a thread here. You haven’t cut in two years, that’s incredible and honestly is something you should be really proud of because its such an achievement to make. It proves you have the strength inside you somewhere. Take a look at the alternatives sent to you and work through them and find ones which help you. I know things are hard for you right now but you’re still here and still fighting and that really proves a lot. You can do this so stray strong.

Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
turtle8493 Offline
turtle8493
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Points: 8,990, Level: 13 Points: 8,990, Level: 13 Points: 8,990, Level: 13

Re: cutting and binging - June 15th 2011, 11:34 PM

Thank You for all your support!
Closed Thread