TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
glowReUuh Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: gloria

Question stop the shakes... - June 17th 2011, 01:12 AM

(im jus curious how many of you feel this too?) i havn't cut in a while... but how can i stop this shaking thing i do when i read about it or hear about it. nobody around knows that i did it except a few people. but i feel that my action might let people find out...

- glow

~Peace, Love, & Butterflies~

cut free since Dec 11' 파이팅! ^-^
  Send a message via Skype™ to glowReUuh 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
calgary01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: stop the shakes... - June 17th 2011, 02:49 AM

oh my gosh!! that TOTALLY happens to me too....like if i even see razors or if i see/hear any reference to cutting....my body shakes. like last week i was watching a harry potter movie with friends and there's this scene where the evil witch cuts a word into this girl's arm...and i seriously started shaking so hard and got white in the face, i had to leave the room. so yeah. totally definitely happens to me...
  Send a message via Skype™ to calgary01 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Re: stop the shakes... - June 17th 2011, 02:57 AM

It happens to me too, Today I was helping a friend clean her room and she had a razor in a candle thing. She told me to throw it away, on my way to the trash I stuffed it in my pocket. I don't know why I did this but I forgot it was there until I sat down and well you probably know what happened next. My point is I get weird feelings and urges to. I think it's normal. When ever I feel like cutting I bite my lip and shake so yes I know what you mean.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
glowReUuh Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: gloria

Re: stop the shakes... - June 17th 2011, 03:43 PM

it annoys me... i can be reading things that talk about it, or hear someone talk bout it an i get all wierd out of no where..

- glow

~Peace, Love, & Butterflies~

cut free since Dec 11' 파이팅! ^-^
  Send a message via Skype™ to glowReUuh 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
I gotta say what’s on my mind…
Average Joe

Re: stop the shakes... - June 18th 2011, 02:33 PM

It happens to me too, it's really hard to overrule it and move on. For me I was getting 'support' with SH but when they started asking REALLY probing questions I got annoyed. The truth was that I haddent cutt in just over a month, but that convasation triggured me to start again, and I have cut every day since.
From your message I assume (hope) that you have now stoped cutting and are trying to remain that way.
It's all about how you move on from the past to face a more positive future. You need to try (I know it's hard) and forget that you ever self harmed and therfore this will help you not be triggured when it is mentiond. This in turn will help you reduce the shaking.
As with everything though, it takes time
Just keep strong, you can do it.

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f122-...ngs-propperly/

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

Some of my favourite quotations
*what does not destroy you as a warrior makes you stronger
*the tree that is slowest to grow bears the sweetest fruit
*when the sky is at it's darkest is when you can see the stars
*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shelby

Re: stop the shakes... - June 18th 2011, 11:43 PM

I get those every once in a while as well. My guess is it's kind of an adrenaline thing? I'm not sure. But just breathe deeply and calm your mind.

You've gotta swim, swim for your life. Swim for the music that saves you, when you're not so sure you'll survive. You gotta swim and swim when it hurts. The whole world is watching. You haven't come this far to fall off the earth.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: stop the shakes... - June 20th 2011, 07:02 AM

Breathing is an important technique. I've tried countless forms over the years and so far, this one has been the most helpful in helping to keep my body grounded when the adrenaline's worked up for whatever reason.

In particular: taking both the in-breath and the out-breath very slowly and with deliberation. Emphasizing the out-breath has been most effective for me, although please feel free to experiment a little. Breathing out, I am a solidly planted tree, with roots extending from my feet deep into the ground, farther and farther down.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
Closed Thread