TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:nat:. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 11:32 AM

Righto so tonight we had sweet n sour chicken and rice and i had like 2 big plates of 3 little plates of it! Now, i am incredibly bloated and i cant physically purge it all. I managed to purge a little bit but my stomach is still very bloated. ugh. I hate looking like i'm pregnant... what am i going to do? I'm tempted to Self Harm...but i feel like i am going insane!?
Help?...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taking_c0ntr0l Offline
believe in yourself
Not a n00b

Name: Torence

Re: OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 01:18 PM

don't fret! indulging in a favorite food is okay. don't worry. you're bloating will go down. Try some water infused with cucumbers before you go to sleep and it will decrease the bloating.

hope this helps xx
PM anytime

SMIFFERS<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 01:22 PM

Okay okay first of all calm down and take a deep breath. Chicken is good for you. Your body needs food please don't make yourself reject that nourishment. Now tums or any antiacid can help with the bloating and make your tummy feel more comfortable. You don't need to self harm over this... you don't need to self harm over anything. Have you tried any healthy alternatives? How about doing something creative, taking a walk, taking a nice warm bath, or making a soothing cup of tea? Or you could just think happy thoughts. How about you tell me about your favorite memory.

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 04:18 PM

Hi Nat,

Try not to worry, i think you can do it! You seem very strong to me. Remember that your body needs food to run (a bit like an engine needs fuel). If you deprive yourself then it will cease to function, so eating is quite essential! You might want to check out this and this. They will help you when you have the urge to self harm.

I hope this helps
Jen
x

PM // VM

(#5 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 06:38 PM

Hey, Nat as the others have said, keep in mind that your body NEEDS the nutrition you're getting to keep going. Indulging once in a while is perfectly healthy and won't make your body permanently bloated. For most people, that slight condition will only last for a day or so or maybe less if you take some of the before-mentioned medicines. Yeah, it can suck to feel like you ate too much but it's not like you do this every night so don't SH over this; you did NOTHING WRONG. If you're really worried about the way your eating habits affect you, try eating healthier and moderate portions (although you don't sound like you overeat in the first place) to avoid bloating most of the time. I'm a personal advocate of the Alternatives sticky, whether or not the methods work for you. Just taking the (LONG) time to read through it can help talk you down from hurting yourself. Put time into making your own distraction if you need to. Please, take care of yourself <3 and PM me if you want to talk!

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
stylishxmissy Offline
Average Joe

Name: kat

Re: OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 08:57 PM

i agree. feeling bloated isn't very pleasant, i'll admit, but it soon goes. at least what you ate was healthy anyway, not sugary.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:nat:. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 09:18 PM

thanks everyone for your replies, but i DO do this everynight. I do it every morning also and i just cant take it anymore!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.commers
Average Joe

Name: Michael

Re: OMG! I just CAN'T do this!! - March 11th 2009, 09:55 PM

Hey
It can look out of place after you have eaten but it dose go away it isnt a perminate thing and many things can help you.
If you always have a urge to be sick then think of what thats doing to your body rather then keeping good and healthy food down you.
You could always make your portions smaller and see if that helps the bloating?
Pileing food into you isnt always the best thing to do.

As for Sh related to this,you need to tackle one thing at a time.Shing wont stop your urge to purge and you dont want to Sh instead of purgin either.

Try and drink sopme water to flush your system faster.Going for a walk or a jog can help speed up your metabolism and the bloating /fat feeling will fade and you wont have to fear about weight.

Closed Thread