TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Saerti Offline
lost soul
Welcome me, I'm new!

it is what it is. - June 27th 2011, 05:39 AM

it's really difficult to write this. words have power, you see.
i don't know what will become of it. maybe it will make things worse, to see it affirmed through words, in the concrete world outside my mind.
most things that hurt, hurt ten times more on the way out.

i feel so isolated. i feel bad for feeling isolated. it is something that i really shouldn't be feeling. i should be glad that i even have acquaintances. i should be glad that i speak to people and have people to speak to at all. why am i complaining about not having anyone to connect with? why should it matter if i have no one to lean on when i'm feeling unwell? i don't mind being a loner. really. or perhaps i used to. i have many acquaintances, but nothing more. ever. people always say it's so precious to have a community. but i don't feel a sense of community anywhere. it's this expectation and the assumption from everyone that i am a part of some community, as in mentally and emotionally part of it, not just part of it in the sense of "there is this person and they are quite involved, they participate a lot", that's really causing a problem for me.

that has been on my mind. the next part is independent of the first part, please don't link them together. well, except that yes, it makes me feel frustrated, cynical, hopeless, and hate myself. but it's a very very small part of why i do.

i have a lot of pent up self hatred, frustration, cynicism, and general hopelessness. i often have a eerie feeling that no matter what path i take or what i do, the end result will not be very different. so, what is the point in trying? obviously i don't matter to the world; the best i can do is to lessen my footprint. obviously, being a mental wreck isn't very productive towards that. minding my own business and being independent and not having to get to the point where i must bother others, that is what i should be doing. really that is the main reason why i've managed to not relapse for so long. but it's very tempting to go back. to drown in my sorrows. in the pain. you know.

i've kind of made an emphasis on addressing the underlying issues. i think i have, anyway. i just needed to say something. get something out there. i don't feel better. but i do feel slightly comforted. slightly lighter. to admit openly that i am struggling, a lot.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

Re: it is what it is. - June 27th 2011, 09:49 AM

Hey Saerti

I am so proud of you for writing this I can understand that it mus have been very difficult but just writing it is an accomplishment in itself.

I am so sorry that you're feeling like this. What's making you feel this way? Is there something bothering you?

Communities can be found absolutely everywhere. Take TeenHelp for example, we're all like one big family here and now you have entered our family too Everyone here will always be here to comfort and support you and you could make some really great friends here.

If you ever want to talk about anything don't be afraid to pm me
Lots of love,
Celine

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sandy

Re: it is what it is. - June 27th 2011, 11:54 AM

Sareti,
It took a lot for you to take this step. Now that you are here you should find a person or two and talk...just talk. You are correct words have power, for good or bad. We choose which each and every day. The more you look around here the more you will find many words used for good!
You can always contact me to talk sometime.
Sandy

Closed Thread