TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

I Just Realized What Brought On My Depression And SH.. - July 2nd 2011, 12:56 AM

This may not make sense, but oh well.
I know most people realize what brought on their depression and/or self harm, and I guess I did..but even up to awhile ago I've denied it. And when I went to counseling to talk about my depression and stuff I never mentioned it because I didn't think it was the cause..or at least didn't want to admit it.
I don't like talking about it..but I know I should.
But I feel like I can't trust anyone, and I'm embarrassed I guess. Hell, I can't even talk to my best friend about it.
It shouldn't be such a big deal or cause such a huge impact on me..I don't think.
I don't know who to talk to, or what to do.. I honestly don't talk to anyone about stuff like this. Plus admitting it made me cut myself, and feel like shit and hate myself.. I don't even know.
I'm fucking confused

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: I Just Realized What Brought On My Depression And SH.. - July 2nd 2011, 01:42 AM

Hey sweetie,

First off let me start by saying no matter what it is, you shouldnt cut yourself becuase you're embarrassed to say it affected you in such a huge way.

When we're feeling down, even the littlest thing can make us feel even worse. It may seem silly or stupid or be embarrassing later, but you shouldn't let it be. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone has things they wish they could change.

I don't know what you've been through, but please know you can PM/VM/Add me anytime if you want to talk. I'm not going to judge you for anything you've done or anything you see as a mistake or embarrassing, because that's your past. You can't go back and change it, you can only try to learn from it.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you need to talk.<3
Nikki

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
You can't go on suffering
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
You can't go on suffering
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

Last edited by Intoxicated Brutality; July 2nd 2011 at 02:02 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: I Just Realized What Brought On My Depression And SH.. - July 2nd 2011, 03:28 AM

I think you're confused because you're overthinking it...you obviously NEED to let it out. and if someone's your true friend, they'll listen to you without any judgement. I can imagine what you're going through...but at one point I was in the same boat and...well, it was really embarrassing to admit, but I did, because it was eating me up. I guess I needed some kind of non-judgmental support? I'd find someone to talk to darling, you need it. I'm always open...but I know that it might be even scarier to talk to me, so only if you're okay with that. but yeah; good luck

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

Closed Thread