TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Unhappy don't know how much longer i can hold on - July 3rd 2011, 01:25 PM

I really don't know how much longer I can hold on for. It's been 19 days since I last cut and things are getting really tough now. It's all I can think about right now I failed uni and argh I just don't know what to do anymore. Help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: don't know how much longer i can hold on - July 3rd 2011, 02:56 PM

PM me and I'll help you. <3

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: don't know how much longer i can hold on - July 3rd 2011, 09:37 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you're feeling like this now but you can make it. Just think you've made it for 19 days already, that's a great achievement and you can go so much longer. Urges can be hard things to get rid of but I'm sure you've see the Alternative to Self Harm thread so I hope you'll consider using that. Even just reading through the list of alternatives can act as a distraction in itself.

I strongly hope you can ignore these urges because you're so much better than them and you don't need self harm in your life, there are many more healthier ways of coping with things. Just remember though, if you do slip up don't feel like it's the end of the world, slip ups do happen but there's nothing to stop you picking yourself up and trying again.

Take care <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: don't know how much longer i can hold on - July 3rd 2011, 11:33 PM

Hi there,

First off, as Cara said, you made it nineteen days, and that's a long time, especially as it sounds like you've been triggered for a while. If you've gone this long, you can go longer. Just keep ignoring the urges, and they'll fade.

Do you want to talk about why things are tough at the moment? The more we know, the better we can help.

It might help, at this stage, to take some time out from the negatives and focus on the positives - what's good in your life? What are you grateful for? What do you have to look forward to? When some people slip into the 'self-harm thoughts' mode, they block out anything that could make them feel better, choosing instead to concentrate on the things that support their view that 'everything is bad'. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, I'm just giving you something to think about.

I hope you feel better soon.

Stay strong, and take care.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#5 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: don't know how much longer i can hold on - July 5th 2011, 07:05 PM

Hey,
Thanks for your replies, it means a lot. Everything's just so confusing at the moment. I don't even know what I want anymore. I failed the first year of uni, I can resit the module but I'm not even sure if I want to. My parents keep saying how I'll enjoy it more next year and it was just the depression this year. I went through a stage of not wanting to get out of bed for about a month. But in all honesty, even if I hadn't had depression, I don't think I would've wanted to go to those lectures. I don't know. Sometimes it just seems like that's how I always thought my life would pan out ya know, with university and all that.

Extremely triggered right now. Had an absolutely nuff of everything! Parents just totally flipping out on me when all's I tried to do was help. Dad called me stupid I can't do this anymore. I'm not strong enough. I'm obviously f*cking stupid so I might aswell do it anyway

Closed Thread