TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tv3m Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question what to do when ur friend told u that she almost cut again - July 11th 2011, 04:53 PM

my friend told that she used to cut but got counseling then on Tuesday she told me that she almost started cutting herself again so my question is how can i help her stop cutting for good

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: what to do when ur friend told u that she almost cut again - July 11th 2011, 05:52 PM

Well, it sounds like she's still stopped if she almost started again. Most people that have cut in their life will wanna do it again, even after they stop. It's good that she has counseling, that should help her deal with urges. Not cutting anymore isn't just about no longer engaging in the actual act of cutting, it has to do with trying to deal with the reasons why you want to in the first place. I'd say you should tell her you're happy that she didn't actually do it, and that you're there for her. If you'd want to, you could offer to have her talk to you if she thinks she's going to again. Not to have her talk to you in detail about how much she wants to, but more as a distraction for her to resist. If you choose to do that, you should remember that your own health comes first and if it becomes too much for you, you need to tell her. If she no longer goes to counseling because she "stopped" then I would suggest she go back, because something is making her want to do it again and she needs to make sure she deals with that instead of just ignoring it and focusing on not doing it, if you don't deal with what makes the urges then eventually it'll probably become too much and you'll start again (in my experience)

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

Closed Thread