TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
silent_one12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs up Nervous.... - March 13th 2009, 02:50 PM

So I am about to go to the doctor and tell her about my depression and self harm and I am so nervous. I was talking to my b/f yesterday and he was like "What are you going to tell the doctor?" and I was like "Just why I get depressed and then show her my arms" and then he was like "they are gonna put you on psych hold". OMG!! did that get me so nervous. I am ready to get help for this before it gets even more worse. I hate feeling depressed and trying to hide my SH from people...the only people that now about my SH is ....my 2 best friends, a couple people at work, my B/f, my cousin and my brother. I am sick of trying to hide it and other things I just want to come out with all of it and have SH behind me and this is a new start for me....I hope
  Send a message via MSN to silent_one12  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Nervous.... - March 13th 2009, 04:12 PM

Hey,

This is a very big step. I know I don't know you, but I'm proud of you fro deciding to come forward and ask for help. It takes a big person to admit they need help and an even bigger person to decide this on their own. You should definitely be proud of yourself. Try and keep calm ok? Chance are it won't be as bad as you're thinking. No one can know for sure if they will put you in a ward. I wouldn't listen to your boyfriend right now ok? You don't need to worry about that. The only way they will put you in a hospital or something like that is if they feel you're a danger to yourself or others. Coming forward about this will lessen the chances of them thinking you're a danger at all. It's always better to come out yourself, rather than someone finding out. This way, it proves you want change and you're willing to work to get it. These are all steps to getting better and no longer having to hide anything. Things will work out. :] If you need to talk about anything, I'm only a PM away. Take care.

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ChloeBean Offline
Average Joe

Name: Chloe

Re: Nervous.... - March 13th 2009, 10:27 PM

Hey. I was the same way when I went to my first appointment. Don't worry. Just relax and tell the psych how you feel. They're there to help you. And I think it's awesome that you don't wanna feel like this and you wanna seek out help. That's the first step to recovery. Good luck with the psych. (:
  Send a message via MSN to ChloeBean  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Nervous.... - March 13th 2009, 11:24 PM

Most doctors won't hospitalize you for self harming, as long as you're not trying to committ suicide or they think you're a risk to yourself or others. I would recommend being up front, letting the doctor know why you do it and making sure they understand you're not trying to kill yourself or harm anyone else.

I hope it all goes well. Let us know okay?

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

Closed Thread