TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
84y Offline
Not a n00b

do you ? - March 14th 2009, 02:00 PM

hi,
I am ones of those who cut then feel guilty for cutting even though i do like "i even reward my self cutting when I manage to do good things' it is causing me probs and I want to stop , just as for many failing x-tries I think it is impossible to move from daily cutter to no cutter, I wanna try a new method of trying to reduce the times/number of cuts /days you cut in , gradually until total quit , I think having more ......well more than "me" involved would make me commit more and may be useful for you too.
any body would like to join?

If ur at the bottom then cheer it only can go better
If you are lonely then smile
You do not need them to stay alive
If they hurt you bad ,been hurt worst and every thing is just pushing u down...
And even though you are strong enough to survive

p.m me.........I quite like it

(#2 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: do you ? - March 14th 2009, 04:36 PM

You're right that it's almost impossible to go cold turkey on SH, and it's much better when you know that you're not alone in trying to quit. I know that most self-harmers WANT to quit, it's just hard to commit to what seems like an impossible task. Just concentrate on going clean for one day at a time, don't worry about how many days you've stacked up in a row. If you can stay clean for today, that's all you have to think about. Tomorrow isn't even in the equation; you don't have to think about it until it happens. If the Alternatives sticky at the top of this section would help you, try going through it when you're low and making up your own personalized methods for distracting yourself. Also facing some of the things that tend to bother you, or changing your life situation in some positive way (large or small) can help. It's a long process, and I'm currently trying to quit myself lately I've concentrated on doing half the damage when I DO slip up, as a way to work it down. However, obviously your goal should be to just have a better alternative overall so eventually you won't desire it anymore. When you stop for good, it'll be cause you've found things that are so much better you don't even want to do it anymore. Good luck, dear! PM me if you wanna talk about this or anything else.

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

Closed Thread