TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Venenum Offline
Not a n00b

Sensation of injury - August 6th 2011, 12:44 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Firstly, I'm a guy. Haven't seen that much guys self-harming yet, so.. No idea what to say. Just pointed out.

I have no suicide thoughts. I was just alone once, very alone, and all the people around me ignored me, and acted disrespectful and shellfish.
I didn't want to be a part of them no more, so now I'm all alone.

I came up with this strange thought, and found myself a sharp blade-like -doesn't matter, it was sharp.
After sitting still just thinking for hours I took the blade and cut myself.
It was beautiful, the skin teared apart so nicely, and the blood began to pour. It looked so beautiful, sometimes I take off my clothes and examines scars, and fresh wounds.
I admire them, I've never seen anything that beautiful in my life.

I can't explain, it's a special feeling, like love.

Sometimes I also taste the blood too. So, procedure time: Anyone feel the same?

Last edited by Riddikulus; August 6th 2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Discombobulated: Triggering

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Switzerland Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sensation of injury - August 6th 2011, 01:44 AM

First of all, welcome to the community, Venenum! I hope this site is as helpful for you as it has been to me.

I think I know the feeling you are talking about. I have looked at my wounds, and though nothing but 'wow.' I never could explain the way I was feeling, or why I felt it, but I knew that I liked it. It was something special to me. Something that was all mine, that no one else could spoil. And it was, as you said, beautiful. Sometimes I still look at myself and think that about my scars! I love them, sometimes!
My scars make me special, make me unique. My scars are what make me me, and I think thats what makes them beautiful to me.

But for the most part, I've stopped. So they also represent a part of my past that has defined me. To me, they are memories.They are the parts of me that have hurt as a teenager. They are the bads, while the goods are in my head. They are the part of me that I can use to teach others. Thats beautiful to me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Sensation of injury - August 6th 2011, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venenum View Post
Firstly, I'm a guy. Haven't seen that much guys self-harming yet, so.. No idea what to say. Just pointed out.
I'm not a guy, but I hope you don't mind me replying to this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venenum View Post
It was beautiful, the skin teared apart so nicely, and the blood began to pour. It looked so beautiful, sometimes I take off my clothes and examines scars, and fresh wounds.
I admire them, I've never seen anything that beautiful in my life.

I can't explain, it's a special feeling, like love.

Sometimes I also taste the blood too. So, procedure time: Anyone feel the same?
I feel this way a lot. Nothing can replace that feeling.

Scars make you who you are, and that's unique and beautiful. Inside and out.

Although, I'm trying to stop cutting; I'll always have the scars to remind me of what I was feeling at that moment in time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
call_me_strange Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sensation of injury - August 6th 2011, 04:06 AM

i definitely agree, my cuts are so perfect in my eyes. so beautiful and it cant be spoiled by anyone ,they're MINE. i love everything about them ( except the stigma they come with) and its a feeling of joy that I don't think I could ever fully explain.
im not a guy but i replied anyway :$

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Venenum Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Sensation of injury - August 6th 2011, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the replies, they're amazing and I feel happy when I read them.

As long as you don't overdo it, self-harm is a good thing, well short-term at least.

You also learn to feel and know your body in a whole new way, you learn more and get
more confident about yourself. This is the connection between body and soul.

Closed Thread