TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Traped and scared. - August 6th 2011, 10:13 PM

I don't really know where to start. I am starting college in 4 weeks and I am so scared because since I got back from canada a week ago I have been having suicidal thoughts and been having lots of urges to cut and put my self in dangerous situations. I won't kbow anyone at my college and no one will know about my cutting and I just don't know how I will cope on my own. I just want to hurt. I want to make friends at college but for the right reasons. I feel so alone. I just want to cry the whole time. I'm so scared. How do I cope? Xx

When your in danger or in harms way its no longer just your life, its everyone who you have seen, spoken to, met, shared experiences with because even if you don't think that they have had an influence on your life or made you realise something, you have probably influenced them. Your never the only one involved in your life.

Last edited by Palmolive; August 7th 2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Traped and scared. - August 7th 2011, 12:36 PM

Hey love

I am sorry you're feeling so low. You don't deserve to feel this way. But you have to stay positive, okay?

Have a look at the alternatives to self harm thread. You might have seen it before, you might not have, but try some of the things on the list. They might help to distract yourself.

Being suicidal is extremely difficult to deal with and something I would suggest it having a family member or friend there to confide in. Someone to keep you going... someone who checks up on you. It might be easier that way.
Give yourself something to look forward to, think of all the great times you're going to have at college!

And lastly, have you thought about seeing a therapist? It might be something to consider to help you in the long run.

Keep strong,
Stay safe
- Charli <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Traped and scared. - August 7th 2011, 01:05 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry things are a bit rough for you right now and that you've been getting suicidal thoughts and urges to cause harm to yourself. It's not a nice place to be in at all.

Think of starting college as a fresh new exciting.l Try and be confident even if you're not because as you said, no one there knows you and this is a new start to be the person you want to be. I would also look in to student support because most colleges have a good support network and you might be able to have an individual worker for you.

Suicidal thoughts are a horrible thing to experience. When you get them, or the urges to hurt yourself in any other way you need to try and distract yourself. For that I am going to advise you to look at the link Charlii has previously sent you. Not everything on there will work for you but some things will so it is all about trial and error. Don't give up if you come across something which doesn't help you.

I know things are hard for you right now but they can and they will get better. Your life won't always feel this way and you won't always have these thoughts and urges. So stay strong and keep on going because you have your whole life ahead of you. You're worth more than this.

Stay strong and chin up!
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread