TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

My Story or why i self harm - August 11th 2011, 09:53 PM

My name is Ariel or Nakita which is my pseudonym for writing. i am 16 and have been cutting since i was 14.
i started when the guy i loved moved to mesquite. he was my best friend and my world. when he left it felt like i was losing everything that ever meant anything to me.
when i was 5 my mother divorced my birth father after my grandfather died. losing my pop-pop was bad enough and then losing the only father i knew made it worse. my mom remarried and i gained a step sister, she divorced again and i lost my little sister. i always knew i could count on my older sister though. my mom remarried again and i gained an older step brother and a younger half sister and a new home in arizona. this all took place within a few years and i was 8. we left arizona a year later and moved back to texas. i started the 1st grade and gained a best friend named Alicia. we became fast friends but her friendship never seemed to be enough to block out the pain of losing those i cared about. after 5th grade i moved again, losing best friends, favorite teacher, and a boyfriend.
my parents have never seemed to have enough love for me, and i can never seem to do anything to make them proud of me. in my freshman year i joined a varsity choir and they came to every concert. the one person i sang for died in october of last year. she always seemed to be proud of me from the day i was born. my beloved grandmother who sang me to sleep with Amazing Grace died in her sleep, 2 weeks after i visited her for the first and last time.
i contemplated suicide for weeks and tried to drown myself twice. i quit cutting for a few months but started again 3 weeks ago after meeting the boy of my dreams and losing him to another. i wanted to die. its getting harder and harder to make it through the day and i have to cut just to know i'm alive. i can't sleep without taking a pain killer and a allergy med that makes me drowsy.
i know i need to stop self harming but i can't. i feel like nothing i do is ever enough, i'm not perfect enough for my own family and the one who made me feel worth it is now engaged to someone else. the feelings build up and i have to cut just to get them out. PLEASE WON'T SOMEONE HELP ME! -Nakita

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 11th 2011, 09:54 PM

i made a new friend named lizzie a few years ago and she helped me steer away from suicide but i don't know if anyone can help me stop cutting.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 11th 2011, 10:00 PM

Hey Nakita, I'm sorry things have been so tough for you. I'm not sure what to say besides we're here for you and you can PM me anytime you'd like. I'll listen to anything you have to say and offer the best advice I can think of. Stay strong<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ash

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 11th 2011, 10:11 PM

Hey Nakita
Please check out these alternatives that may help you stop cutting. Its good to hear that you met a friend that can help you. Just talk to them and let them help you. Its terrible that you went through all of that at such a young age. Kids need stability and you didn't seem to have that in your life much. Im sorry for all of that and if you ever need someone to talk to im here for you.

"When you've forgiven but you cant forget feels like your drowning but still got breath"

i love you.

YOU are beautiful no matter what and dont YOU forget it!!! <3

PM me if you need to talk!(:

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 11th 2011, 10:40 PM

thank you so much i feel torn apart by so many people i can barely hold it together sometimes

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 11th 2011, 11:07 PM

Trust me...i know how that is...but there are people that do truly love you for you.

"When you've forgiven but you cant forget feels like your drowning but still got breath"

i love you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 16th 2011, 03:04 PM

i sometimes wish that i had someone to actually talk to instead of writing everything down that i wish i could say. i want to feel wanted, loved, and needed. i cry myself to sleep at night because my heart hurts so much. i used to see a therapist but i don't anymore. i just never felt comfortable enough to talk about what was bothering me. if anyone can help me with this i would be really grateful.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 17th 2011, 04:17 PM

i'll be your new friend. why dont you try getting comfortable talking to me about your problems? i'll do my very best to help you in it as well = )

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 17th 2011, 09:16 PM

i think i'm bipolar because some days i have alot of energy and i'm really happy and outgoing. but on other days its all i can do to roll out of bed with a smile on my face. i don't know what to do anymore i want to die

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 18th 2011, 06:30 PM

do not die. please try to join activities ..... and remember that no matter what happens, some activities will have you meeting awesome new people, some of which can change your life for the better forever.

hold on!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 18th 2011, 08:25 PM

Hi Nakita!
I am have issues opening up too, but once I do then I say too much. Its rough right? Well just know you can tell me anything, or just ramble, and I wont judge. And if you think you might be bipolar, see your doctor or therapist/psychiatrist/phycologist. Stay Strong dear <3

i love you.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Charlai Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 18th 2011, 09:48 PM

nakita i'm nt sure what to say other than i'm sry to know u'r going through this, bt everything has a bright side, you just haven't found yours yt, if u need to talk u can PM me anytime

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 18th 2011, 11:08 PM

thanx
"i wish i was too dead to care
or need not care at all.
never had a voice to protest
i wish i was too dead to cry
or have no need to cry
you don't need to bother
i don't need to breathe"

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 18th 2011, 11:58 PM

Did you write that? I like it.

i love you.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 20th 2011, 05:50 AM

its a good poem, but i suggest you try smiling more and being happy . remember, you never know who might gaze upon that smile and be entranced by it.

a lot of people, i bet.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 24th 2011, 11:57 PM

its a mix of lyrics and a poem i wrote. i have been told that my smile is beautiful but i don't believe it. my best friend told me that everyone loves me and i told him that everyone is a fucking liar then

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 26th 2011, 09:51 PM

Wish I was too dead to cry
My self-affliction fades
Stones to throw at my creator
Masochists to which I cater

You don't need to bother;
I don't need to be
I'll keep slipping farther
But once I hold on,
I won't let go 'til it bleeds

Wish I was too dead to care
If indeed I cared at all
Never had a voice to protest
So you fed me shit to digest

I wish I had a reason;
my flaws are open season
For this, I gave up trying
One good turn deserves my dying

I don't need to be
But once I hold on,

(Solo: Corey)
Wish I'd died instead of lived
A zombie hides my face
Shell forgotten
with its memories
Diaries left
with cryptic entries

And you don't need to bother;
I don't need to be
But once I hold on,

I don't need to be
But once I hold onŠ
I'll never live down my deceit

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: My Story or why i self harm - August 27th 2011, 07:24 PM

i understand you've went through a lot. But i sense happiness in your future... hold on strongly! we all love you lots.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Story or why i self harm - September 3rd 2011, 06:48 PM

what happiness i had left fled on the day words were thrown like knives in my direction that hurt more than anything.
what smile i held close to me broke like a mirror i held so i knew i was alive,
what heart that continued to beat for me shattered and the sound of breaking glass filled my ears.
what love i thought i had turned out to be nothing worth saving, and the tears havent stopped beating against the back of my eyes, threatening to spill.

i sense a little happiness but what is it worth when i can't have the one i love

Closed Thread